1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

0705SP runs true to size by the way.

2. beez

beez Senior member

Does Momotaro make any jeans that fit similar to APC Petit Standard?

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Not really. More of a repro brand. Again, 705 would be closest.

4. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on some 201's from Okayama finally. Now the long wait until they arrive!

5. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

Let me know via PM if you do. I have a pair of Sz 32 201s that I've worn 4 times w/one 1hr pre-wear soak, no wash, no fades, no dirt. I've gained alot of weight since I bought them so they just sit in my closet. I'd be down to trade. Let me know.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. beez

beez Senior member

Thanks.

7. arced

arced Senior member

Has anyone done a collaboration using the Copper Labels? I've been searching, but I haven't found any.

8. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Not that I know of.

9. arced

arced Senior member

Thanks. I've tried the others, but the copper labels fit me the best (and I'm wearing out my current pair).

10. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Which cut? Might find something you like in the GTB Label or a shop that offers One Wash Momotaro's.

11. arced

arced Senior member

I tried on the GTBs, among others, at the Momotaro shop in Koenji. None fit as well as the copper labels. As I've put a lot of wear into them so far, I've been thinking about my next pair. I was thinking a collaboration pair would be cool, but I guess no one is doing one. I also quickly searched in Japanese, but I couldn't find any shops in Japan doing one either.

12. castroda

castroda Member

Hi all,

I'm on the brink of buying my first pair of Momo's and would appreciate a little advice/experience...I'm looking at either the 0202 or the 0702. The thing is, my actual waist is 35", and I have fairly large thighs at 24". I'm 5'11" and fairly stocky, but athletic. So the question is, which of the following do you think would fit best:

1) 0202 - 34" waist

2) 0702 - 34" waist

3) 0702 - 36" waist

I guess I'm looking for the slimmest fit possible without it being ridiculously tight on the thighs etc. I would therefore ideally like to get the 0702, not only because they're slimmer fitting but also they're easier to find online. I understand that Momo's don't shrink too much, but I'm still worried that it might be easier getting into Fort Knox after the first wash...

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I would stick with the size 36 on the 0702. My experience is that they run fairly small. The topblock isn't very generously sized. This and the fact Momotaro's are known for their tight weave, make it somehow impossible to fit guys with a build somewhat above average. It is wise to size up.

14. castroda

castroda Member

Thanks Mistral! Really appreciate the advice :)

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I echo Mistral completely. I'm only 6', but have the same 35" hips where I wear jeans and large thighs. I love my 702s in the 36 - enough thigh room while keeping the narrow hem.

16. castroda

castroda Member

Music to my ears man! I am pretty excited at this point, these jeans look absolutely brilliant. Will post pics when they arrive!

17. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

sometimes "ideal" does not mean it's practical. the 202 has a longer back rise ... IMO better cut for your built.

18. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I love Momotaro jeans - thinking about kopping a pair when I break my no jeans resolution!!!:)

19. castroda

castroda Member

Already pulled the trigger on the 702s, wish me luck!

20. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member