1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

So don' buy them?

2. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

That was the point he was trying to make; if you want that particular type if fading, you would have to wear a looser-fitting pair of jeans.

3. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

ahhh ok. I'm noticing I get these creases when I sit with my legs spread wide too. I'm gonna be sitting cross legged a lot now, I effing love those lines !

My comment was not to the 'combs but to the high-contrast fading on the mid-low thighs. I have creases just like that on my thighs from sitting cross legged (lotus) and the original poster verified I was correct, that the lines he was referring were being caused by the tension from crossing legs, because he recreated those same creases when he spread his legs apart.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  4. tozfeekum

tozfeekum Member

Hey guys,
    So I just received these from BlueOwl and I'm worried they're too tight in the thighs and ass. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
    http://imgur.com/a/NMfmq

5. i01111000

i01111000 Well-Known Member

IF you ask then you're likely not comfortable with the fit. Personal comfort levels is most critical. Russell Brand might want his tighter than that. Robert De Niro might not.

As an outside observer they look fine currently. Tight mens jeans are a cyclical trend and IDK how much longer they'll be fashionable this time around, but for today they're fine. Barely, but still so. They are giving you a little muffin and I doubt they stretch much.

At least you could get yours on. I got my pair to mid thigh before I couldn't get any further.

Of course my opinion is worth not shit here. I'm sure you'll await El Arge...'s final word.

5 people like this.
  6. JonSmythe

JonSmythe Well-Known Member

I was certainly not expecting that first picture... Fit looks good though

Edit: if those are still raw you are definitely playing with fire if you ever plan to wash/soak them

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

8. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

First pic is what made it lmao. Once it fades and breaks in it wont look
    Ridic the beauty about raws is all that risking 1 year+ looking fabulous to realize later you look ridic but hoping it gets better.

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

:nodding:

10. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Wearing my 1705's again today. Guys in hot weather, buy these jeans! The weight is perfect, and surprisingly they stretched out within like a day. Not much, but faster than any Momotaro I have owned before.

11. jhey

jhey Member

[​IMG]

Had my bom005s for about 2 weeks now. Love the fit and construction of these. Creases are setting in, but nothing crazy. Not skin tight on me, exactly what I was looking for. Waist has stretched about an inch or so

1 person likes this.
  12. BlackPig

BlackPig Member

I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.

Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.

13. Shogyo Mujo

Shogyo Mujo Active Member

same thing i noticed on mine! glad it's not just me, front pockets are pretty useless and you'll look dumb struggling to get a lighter or coins out. not complaining though, the bom005 is the only pair that fit as well as the nf weird guy fit on me.

14. Shogyo Mujo

Shogyo Mujo Active Member

looks good, let me know when you see any fading starting to show up on your pair.

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

16. zola

zola Senior member

Has anyone the Momo 1705 10oz? What is the fit? Summer version of 705?

17. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Jus

Kopped. Perfect timing, as its supposed to be in the high 80s here later this week. :fu:

18. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Also, those BOM005 look awesome. I'm probably gonna sell my 0702s (which I sized incorrectly) and pick those up instead.

19. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Yes.

Seriously LOVE these jeans. They are very light weight, super comfortable. They broke in much faster than my 0705's. Waist stretched nicely in a day, rest of the jeans are slim for sure, but not sufficatingly so. They are light and crisp, so they are creasing really easily. Not sure how well they will fade, but if you are a Momo fan, and live in a warmer climate, I seriously couldn't reccomend these jeans any more.

I wear a 32 in the 705sp's and went 31 on the 1705s.

1 person likes this.
  20. Broark

Broark Senior member

I second everything Spencer said about the 1705s. Living in Austin Texas pretty much demands light weight denim in the summer most of the time. I'll be wearing mine more frequently soon, going to wash my Rouge Territory Stantons and then start working on my 1705s by the end of the month. The color on the 1705 is quite nice, not as dark as most raws and quite comfortable.

1 person likes this.