1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. alex4nder

alex4nder Well-Known Member

If you're going to work out so much that you'd qualify as an extra for the next "Conan the barbarian" remake, just cut your Momotaros into a denim loin cloth and stop posting about how all of a sudden your jeans don't fit. These Japanese jeans aren't designed for your beefcake body-building lifestyle. Go bespoke, or go invest in some elastic blend stretchpants.

-1 for Christmas-ham thighs. :foo:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

This is prolly a better post for bodybuilding.com bodyspace forums. But yeah, quads can and do grow alot. It would be impossible for anyone to predict how much yours will without first knowing your height, weight, daily calorie intake, metabolism, how often and how you work out your legs, etc.

That said, they wont grow overnight. So you don't have to worry about Bruce Bannering out of your $300 jeans the morning after your next legs workout. You look like you have enough room in those to grow at least a half inch in diameter on each leg on those before they're too small.

Shot in the dark... I'd say you got a good 3 months of heavy squats, chicken breasts, and protein shakes before you outsize those 701s.

3. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

there is a point where if you are exercising in a 'trying to change your bodyshape' kind of way ... wtf are you doing spending $300 on jeans.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

QFT

5. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

Who are you directing this hostility to? If its at me, you've failed because clearly I don't look anything like an extra in Conan the Barbarian, nor do I have what I think you mean by "christmas-ham thighs" or a beefcake body-building lifestyle (lol). If it's at Rightyow77, you've failed as well because clearly he wasn't the one that was asking questions about fit and whatnot.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. alex4nder

alex4nder Well-Known Member

That was my goal; success.

7. dusttruffle

Dear Momotaro,

Please produce a raw, sanforized, black on black, black overdyed jean, without battle stripes, in a 70x cut.

Best Regards,

Me.

8. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

A man who knows what he wants!

1 person likes this.
  9. dusttruffle

Dear Tate and Yoko,

You know what to do.
    Not Weird Guy, just 70x please.

Yours Sincerely,

Me

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  10. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

^ would be all over that. [​IMG]

11. WoodAcres

WoodAcres Member

I've been wearing JB 701s for about two months and have significant fraying on the non-selvedge inseam side as well as a small tear/hole nearby on the top of one of my cuffs.

I know some fraying is inevitable but it seems way too soon for such significant damage. I see solid pics from 6/9/12+ months of wear with no visible fraying on the inseams.

Am I wearing them wrong? What's the deal?

PS: Momo 0702s should arrive by the end of the week [​IMG]

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Do they drag at all on the ground? Do you wear shoes w/ something obtruding (ie speed hooks) that could snag pants?

All wear differently.

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Do you have x-legs?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  14. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

Agreed. Momotaro needs a black jean. Since Momotaro does not do sanforized, maybe Japan Blue will hook you up.

But as for Momotaro...

I'd like Momotaro do a classic black jean (any colored stitching) in 15.7oz with or without black battle stripes, in the classic 201, 701, and 901 cuts. This should be a permanent addition to their lineup.

Blue Owl came close...but not quite.. with their Midnight Warrior collabs. I'd like to see Momo Vintage do a black jean..Tate and Yoko... still out there?...Blue Owl...Midnight Warrior2/Nubian Warriors?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

New from Momotaro..... Momotaro "Peach" Jacquard Dot Scarf in Indigo - Model AS-65 * Momotaro's signature "peach" symbol (representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story) is used as the pattern in this lightweight indigo scarf. The fabric is a cotton gauze that is super soft and the color is easy to coordinate making it easy to wear. * 100% cotton * One size, approximately 12" x 72" * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7587000 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/momotaro-peach-jacquard-dot-scarf-in.html

16. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered BOM005 [​IMG] Our 5th collaboration with Momotaro features a tapered version of the "Midnight Warrior" design from our first collaboration, the BOM001. It is a creative denim that uses a super dark indigo 15.7oz fabric with black stitching and details that makes the denim look black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations and the black battle stripes. Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM005 * The "tapered" fit has never been produced by Momotaro. This fit has been borrowed from the Japan Blue line. The fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. * 15.7oz sanforized raw selvedge * Deep blue pure indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan * Limited to 60 pairs for the first production [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7586000 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/momotaro-x-blue-owl-midnight-warrior_26.html

17. BlackPig

BlackPig Member

BOM005 measurements appear to be a lot slimmer compared to BOM004.

18. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Yes finally!
    Take my money damn it!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Watching that black-indigo fade is going to be such a treat. I'm jealous of whoever buys a pair...

20. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Do the "black" part of indigo-black (like bomo03) ever fade?