1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

I'm late as hell on this, but thanks for the post Mossy. Our height/weight is very close and I was on the fence re: sizing for 201s or 701s. In light of the fact size 31 701s fit me like pantyhose in the thighs, I reckon if I go to the 701s in a 32, I'd still have to deal with thigh issues. Your pics have convinced me that, when it comes to Momotaro Vintage Label, I'll have to go with 201s in a 32 like you got.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Good question - I was just going to post the same thing, then saw you had asked underneath all the links.

3. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Where did you see them then. I just saw them at SuFu.

4. LCvdK

LCvdK Member

5. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

^^ these look really cool, what is the fit like?

6. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

7. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

8. Broark

Broark Senior member

Nice shot Mistral.

9. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

Anyone interested in buying a brand new size 33 pair of 0701 that's been pre-soaked and hasn't been worn except to try on? I bought them thinking they'd fit, but squats man..squats...

anyone else screw themselves over multiple times because of not being able to size correctly due to squats?... -_-
    So frustrating, I just want to start breaking in some denim!

link to the classified is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/340815/new-momotaro-one-wash-0701-size-33

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

You'll find this is rather a common complaint on the boards. Apparently, everyone is a powerlifter with massive quads. :devil:

But seriously, it's happened to me too. I've bought denim, worn it well, and outgrown it. I've come to accept that getting thigh measurements right is far more important than the waists on denim. It's also important to realize that some cuts are just not meant for all people, regardless of the trend.

1 person likes this.
  11. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

How fast do thighs grow assuming consistent workouts, for example squats 1-2 times a week? Like if these 12 inch thigh size 33s fit decent right now, how many weeks until they start to get skintight and not look good? Actually a better question, if anyone is experienced enough, is how fast can quads grow? How long would it take to add say 1/2 inch to your quads (which would be .25 in thigh measurement, or one tag size).

heres a couple pictures for input:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

13. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

By the way anyone know how to help the stacks become more even and symmetrical? I find it annoying when the creases in the stacking at the bottom start to become all super lopsided and weird looking. Don't know if I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get the stacks to look good. Especially with 0702s, the denim in that pair specifically is just so hard to get smaller detailed stacking rather than a big huge lopsided bulge on one side and an indent on the other, etc. I got lucky with the stacking for my pair of 0701s (above) so I'm pretty happy about that. =]

14. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Honestly I would not expect much growth within a matter of a week with a regiment like that. Yes you quads and hams will swell from the tearing and what not buy unless you have a pretty dedicated and consistent leg program I wouldn't really worry about it. Most of the time guys go into a leg routine with the assumption that their legs are going to get massive with a lack luster set up. I know this isn't a lifestyle or fitness thread so ill leave it at this. Train your legs as much as you train your upper body, growth is consistent with nutrients, sufficient rest, and good workouts. Switch it up, dropsets, heavy, high reps medium weight, pyramid etc. the point is you don't want your body to get used to your workout keep it guessing. My two cents anyways

15. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

After about a month of consistent leg training I've gone from 20.5 inch thighs to 22.6 inch thighs.[​IMG]

16. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

Thanks for the tips. I wasn't trying to ask for workout advice though ;). Was just trying to judge how much more I can work out before having to get a new pair of 300 dollar jeans...lol (so that I stop before then).

17. alex4nder

alex4nder Well-Known Member

Stop working out when your clothing gets tight. I use the same technique with eating.

18. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

^ stop working out? That's awful advice. The eating part is also up for debate, just don't eat shit and don't sit on your ass when you do. Ok moving on sorry guys

1 person likes this.
  19. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

+1

also, my 0702s fit looser around my thighs then my 0701s.