1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

Do it. I had the exact same pair altered, for I suffer from your skinny leg affliction as well. I'm very pleased with the results.

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

exactly!
    most of the peeps that opted on tapering are fussy about fit & "drape"
    ironically, most ended up selling down the line anyway cuz they weren't satisfied how they turned out.

simplify your life__ get the jeans you like on the getgo

in addition to the above comment_ i don't think there's any shortcut for a proper tailoring.

either, the tailor rips out the entire pink inseam topstitch, do the hem taper & topstich the entire inseam w/different color thread
    ... or leave the inseam without topstitching after the taper.

anything short of that, you got a half-ass pink line floating from the crotch__ that doesn't go all the way down :eek:

3. Gluetooth

Gluetooth Well-Known Member

No the tailor is going to rip the entire thing he just didn't want to add the thread again because he said it was too much work to find the correct thread. He wasn't just going to rip half of it out.

This looks like it's kind of split.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Cool, might take me 1.5 years to get there, but good to know it is posisble. How many washes/soaks you have?

5. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

One cold soak at the beginning, and maybe 4 cold washes. I'll try to put up some pics this weekend.

6. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

the pair im talking about had the pink inseam intact ;)

size 30 to the guy who asked

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  7. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Thanks man.

8. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

If the tailor isn't willing to do the job you requested for... take it else where. Like I know for a fact Steven over at Ralicar would do the job to spec and preserve the chain stitch as well.

9. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

Well it might be a challenge to some of the tailors and if you keep insisting on it they might jack up the price to get it done.

10. Gluetooth

Gluetooth Well-Known Member

Yeah he said he would do it it's just going to be 60, but apparently he is the best tailor in Milwaukee.

11. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Railcar charges 55 for tapering so I guess that's normal. Hope it goes well, post pics when you get them back!

12. wrblow

wrblow Active Member

I'm looking for a pair of Momotaros to replace my APC New Standards (slim straight, not skinny). I've done some searching but wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a similar cut in Momotaro. Right now I'm considering the 0705 onewash from Blue in Green. Thanks in advance!

*I'm only 5'7'', my APCs are size 27

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This would sound right. Probably need a 30 or so, but hard to say.

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

How fitted are your APCs and is it the new or old measurements? Assuming old, you'd probably be good with a 29 or 30.

Check Blue Owl, they are a momotaro dealer and a SF sponsored store here, nothing against blue and green but give some love to SF vendors!

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Y'all crazy with the APC down sizing... I wear size 29 APC NS and 30 in Momotaro.

16. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I have to size up 3 because of my penor.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  17. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I only sized down one on my APC's but seems like most guys go 2 sizes, unless of course you have a monster sized hog like CalTex

18. wrblow

wrblow Active Member

Well I bought them 2 years ago so I assume old sizing. They fit a little too tight in the thighs but otherwise perfect. I normally wear a size 28, and I sized down because I was told they would stretch out (and they definitely did, but I'm assuming that since the Momotaros are a thicker denim, they'd stretch less)

I will indeed check out Blue Owl, do we get any discount...half joking...but do we?

Does anyone have both APC New Standards and Momotaro 0705--what are the differences in cut, if any?

Thank you all for the input! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Caltex is well endowed.

20. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Having tried both, I would venture that the 705 is cut slimmer overall than the New Standard (not comparing tag sizes, but when measurements are matched up), although the basics of them both being a "slim-straight" style jean is about the same. FWIW as a 34-waist, I manage a 33 NS and a 36 705, for thighs sake. Hem on NS might be a bit smaller, but not totally sure.