• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro 702 Contest

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The USPS finally delivered my 702s today. I took measurements and then tried them on. I'd forgotten how hard and stiff raw denim is! My Raleigh's and Nudies are each over a year old and not as heavy as these (12oz-13oz I think) but they weren't nearly as stiff. It took me almost 15 minutes to get the buttons done up. Not so much because they were too tight but because of the stiffness.

I might have been able to go a size down (to a 30 but Jay didn't have that size) as the thigh, knee and hem could have been a little slimmer. Or maybe I should have gone with the BOM003. But I'm still very happy. Here's a bad pic of fit. I'll have to get my wife to take one in better light when she gets back.

Let the games begin!

sillyboybmxer

Reaction score
glad UPS showed up for you!
what is your waist measurement??? I wanna get some 702s as well and Jay told me to size the same as my 0200sp (30) and those are still super tight on me but people say they are "vanity" sized. Jeans should not be this difficult

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The USPS finally delivered my 702s today.
I took measurements and then tried them on. I'd forgotten how hard and stiff raw denim is! My Raleigh's and Nudies are each over a year old and not as heavy as these (12oz-13oz I think) but they weren't nearly as stiff. It took me almost 15 minutes to get the buttons done up. Not so much because they were too tight but because of the stiffness. I might have been able to go a size down (to a 30 but Jay didn't have that size) as the thigh, knee and hem could have been a little slimmer. Or maybe I should have gone with the BOM003. But I'm still very happy. Here's a bad pic of fit. I'll have to get my wife to take one in better light when she gets back. Let the games begin!
On the contrary, I think the fit looks good and will conform more to your body as it softens up.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glad UPS showed up for you!
what is your waist measurement??? I wanna get some 702s as well and Jay told me to size the same as my 0200sp (30) and those are still super tight on me but people say they are "vanity" sized. Jeans should not be this difficult

Where I would wear my jeans (not my actual waist), I am about 32". I ordered tag size 31 which Jay had listed as waist at 32". I measured it at about 31" right out of the box. They didn't have a size 30 or I would probably have ordered that but maybe I'm glad I didn't try to find a 30 as these feel pretty good and as Argentino said, they'll conform better as they soften up.

These are definitely not vanity sized! Good luck.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GTFO

Hala Madrid!

smile.gif
boxing[1].gif
Good luck Tuesday!

Last edited:

sillyboybmxer

Reaction score
Where I would wear my jeans (not my actual waist), I am about 32". I ordered tag size 31 which Jay had listed as waist at 32". I measured it at about 31" right out of the box. They didn't have a size 30 or I would probably have ordered that but maybe I'm glad I didn't try to find a 30 as these feel pretty good and as Argentino said, they'll conform better as they soften up.

These are definitely not vanity sized! Good luck.
thanks! i am a 33 where i wear my jeans so I dont think i could fit a 30 at all now
cheers.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks kinda loose around the ankle but maybe youre okay with that

In a world full of taper, this comment becomes far too common. When viewed from a more macro perspective, they look just fine - a nice thin straight leg. Not to rag on you by any means, TooAwesome, but as that trend continues to turn back (already JCrew is pushing their slim-straight cut again rather than the tapered 484), the cut will be more recognized as timeless and an "overall good fit."

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mr chorizo

Reaction score
So...it happened. I have a small blow-out on the left side of my crotch. Usually i time my first wash or rinse with a major crotch blowout but I probably will hold off for now.

I did not soak, and this is probably a contributing factor, so i have 2 questions.

1) does jay or anyone else have patches of this denim for repair?

2) would a "crotch soak" with woolite black reinforce this part of the jean? I'm not inclined to soak the whole jean but this might help.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This again raises my worry-levels about my pair. Can't be a coincidence. Is the pink inseam unravelling or was this on another part of the fabric?

Last edited:

mr chorizo

Reaction score

This again raises my worry-levels about my pair. Can't be a coincidence. Is the pink inseam unravelling or was this on another part of the fabric?

pink inseam is intact, this is just a standard blow out in the crotch region. given the snugness of the way i like my denim to fit, I find that blowouts are inevitiable and are just a part of the experience.

Not washing them or soaking them does weaken the fabric so i may repair them and then give that area a woolite and water treatment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads