1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro 702 Contest

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CalTex, Nov 6, 2012.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Here's a fit pic from today on my 702s thus far.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. WoodAcres

WoodAcres Member

Looking good!

Any idea how long the 0702s will continue to keep crocking/spreading indigo onto other clothing? I'm at ~2 weeks effective wear and still get indigo showing up on my beater shoes. God forbid I got indigo onto my suede Aldens[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. tropics

tropics Senior member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. tropics

tropics Senior member

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

nice. i have a pair on the way back from hemming @ blue owl. hoping they work well with my aldens.

6. TyDj

TyDj Member

i've owned mine for 6mos but only 1mo effective wear ... still bleeding.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

TBH, I soaked mine the night before their first wearing, and I've had no bleeding whatsoever. May be worth a shot.

8. TyDj

TyDj Member

mine was also post-soak ... weird.

9. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

I don't get a whole lot of bleeding out of my 0702s...at least compared to my 0701s. I soaked them when I first got them though.

You should be able to get the stains out of your suede shoes though if you use a good suede cleaner. Just needs a bit of elbow grease and some Saphir.

10. WoodAcres

WoodAcres Member

I will try giving them a good soak. Luckily I meant to write "God forbid I get..." instead of "God forbid I got...". I haven't gotten any indigo on my suede as I haven't worn them with jeans yet [​IMG].

The electric blue fades coming out are beautifully. Will upload some pics once I sort through my camera photos.

Also...ladies love the pink inseam [​IMG] I paired the jeans with a striped pink OCBD and they all swooned.

Edit: Apparently I forgot how to write grammatically correct sentences.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  11. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Got a pair o PBJ XX-012 and they are great. Can't deal with the BOM003s low rise anymore, don't think I'll be wearing them again for a good amount of time.

12. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

what part of the rise is bothering you the most? unless you low ride then the crotch will always be at the crotch even if the rise changes. the rise just changes where they sit on you, how high or low on your waist/hips

13. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

I wore them as low as the waist would allow me but my thighs have gotten bigger and everything's just too tight up there now.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Apparently someone else is in the same boat that I was in.

15. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Quick fit pic from today...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  16. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM003 - 9 months, 1 wash Finally washed my collab. Going to retire for summer and will start wearing again come late fall. These were never soaked,have 9 months of wear, first time they hit water was this week. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This is the denim (Momotaro 0702 is similar fabric in different fit): Momotaro x Blue Owl "Deep Indigo" Skinny Straight 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM003 * 15.7oz unsanforized raw selvedge * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley .5" in the waist and 1" in length during the first wash. * Super dark pure indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets, hidden back pocket rivets * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 29-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7913000 More can be seen on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/05/denim-fades-momotaro-x-blue-owl-deep.html

1 person likes this.
  17. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

18. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

great work jay!

now that we're at the 6 month mark of the contest, how bout we all submit current pics on saturday/sunday?

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  19. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

double post

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  20. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

i was just thinking this. considering a wash - not much wear but starting to feel like they need it.