1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro 702 Contest

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CalTex, Nov 6, 2012.

1. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

I'm just a fan of tapered cuts at the moment I guess. Looking back, maybe I should have left my Momo's how they were to have a nice straight leg and now a tapered denim, but most straight legs look sloppy on me unless I cuff them, which I wanted to avoid. The fabric of both momo and pbj were the main selling point to me and I'm happy to have two very different, top shelf, jeans to wear for the time being. One an ultra slubby standard indigo, and one a solid weight, deep indigo/black weft. Really all I need for the distant future.

1 person likes this.
  2. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

double post whoops

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

Finally got the right size for my 0702s... though they are still a TINY bit on the tight side. I guess I'll just have to stop doing squats soon or that's 300 dollars wasted (my 3 week old size 32 0702 are already out of commission for this reason). Heres some starting pics...see you all real soon in two years! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Fit looks really good, ginseng. Good job.

5. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

By the way, if anyone wants to help me out by measuring how much their thighs have stretched and how long you've worn them for, it'd be GREATLY appreciated... I'm about to get my 0702s altered and tapered, and I'm taking stretch into account.

6. WoodAcres

WoodAcres Member

I just got my 0702s in the mail. Ordered a 36 even though I could probably fit into a 35. It will be interesting to see how the fades compare to those of you that sized down/even.

Would post fit pics but can't find a camera that's not my cell phone.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Phone fit pics are fine!

8. i01111000

i01111000 Well-Known Member

I wish I could relax in a cool, dry Arizona day. Try the sweltering, 110% humidity of the DEEP south. The air is hot and sticky and shade does not work.

9. El Argentino

I'm in the same position as you - need a 36 for the thighs while a 34 waist fits perfectly. Embrace it.

and any photos are always welcome.

10. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

You gonna get the 005s El A?

11. El Argentino

Planning on it, just a question of fundage.

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Okay guys I'm having a bit of a problem, my 702s have become uncomfortable in the thigh area. I wasn't planning on increasing the size of my thighs when I bought them but things change.

Not sure what I am going to do, if anyone has a pair of 702s in a size 33 they want to swap for a size 32 pm me. If that doesn't work out I am leaning towards selling them. :(

13. El Argentino

I think there was a guy in the regular Momotaro thread who had a pair of BOM005s in a 33 that he was looking to swap out... check it.

14. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

I'm starting to feel like I should have sized up 1 also. Afraid the waist will shrink some after my first wash and not stretch back out enough. Already getting tight on me, low rise not helping either. (BOM003)

15. i01111000

i01111000 Well-Known Member

For a two year ordeal you have to account for you getting older and your metabolism slowing down. If you don't have an active lifestyle the space between 25 and 27 can be quite great.

Most fat old men were once spry young bucks.

1 person likes this.
  16. tropics

tropics Senior member

curious about this, you soaked the 702s, any particular reason? did they shrink at all?

17. El Argentino

I've taken (for better or worse) to soak any pair of jeans right off the bad to finish sizing and just get it out of the way. I've had supposedly sanforized pairs shrink on my a year into wearing (even beyond stretch-back-out-again possibilities), so now I just do it to everything.

My 702s did shrink in the inseam length. The waist, nothing noticeable. The thighs came in slightly too.

1 person likes this.
  18. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

I think soaking initially is the way to go on all denim. I've had sanforized jeans shink too much in the washing machine and it really bummed me out. Indigo loss and the affect on fades is so over exaggerated.

I had a thought today when I was putting on my 003s. Has anybody ever heard of getting the top button moved over slightly to alleviate some waist tightness? Kind of like how on a suit you can tailor the top button over slightly to alleviate pulling. I guess there'd be left over hole but it'd be worth it to continue wearing a jeans, maybe it could be patched too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  19. tropics

tropics Senior member

Makes sense, cheers

20. El Argentino

My only thought on repositioning the waist button would be that it compromises the structural integrity of the rest of the denim. You can patch, but there's still a fairly decent sized whole in where the fabric used to tug, and no longer is.