1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro 702 Contest

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CalTex, Nov 6, 2012.

1. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

i actually wanna get in on this contest, but damn, 702 days is a long time for a reward

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Don't think of it that way. Treasure the journey more than the end.

It's about wearing these jeans to your life. Making them yours. In the end, you'll still love the jeans.

The prize is really just secondary. It's an opportunity for us to post photos (in CalTex's case, of his crotch) and get sf-love.

2 people like this.
  3. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

also, the span is 702 days, most people in contests deviate and wear other jeans anyways. that just might make your chances of winning lower.

wear them to what you would call perfection and then go wear another pair youd like and wait out the rest of the contest.

that being said, 2 years in the same pair should be easy. especially in such a moderate denim weight, wearing 22oz for 2 years would be hard for those summer days.

4. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

My 0702s. No soak yet. Have had them about a week. Jay hemmed em up very nicely!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. Somar

Somar Senior member

They look great man! What size are those?

6. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

JOIN THE CONTEST!!!!!!

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

JOIN THE CONTEST!!!!!

You wait four years in america to graduate with a piece of paper, you wait 9 months to have a baby, you wait until your married to sechs the wife (assuming she believes in this), you slave for years at a entry level job just for a chance to get a position in management.

2 years for a contest where everyone is happy and accepting of your plebness doesn't seem that bad.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

They're a size 32. I soaked my 0701s while I wore them the first time to keep the thighs from getting too tight. Will probably do the same for these guys when I get around to it.

9. JonSmythe

JonSmythe Well-Known Member

What's your height and weight? I'm trying to figure out if I can pull off size 32s..

10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I think the fit looks good, now that gut.... :confused:

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Oh, you are so nieve my son.

12. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

I'm 5'6 ~160lbs. I find that they run fairly true to size.

13. JonSmythe

Awesome, thanks, I guess they'd work for me then too.

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

measure your thighs before you order anything.

15. JonSmythe

I have 0201s already in size 32 and am basing it off that. I will probably stop by BiG the next time I'm in the city though to see how the 701s fit before I order them from somewhere else unless I see an awesome deal.

16. Somar

Somar Senior member

I'm a student and I make 250 dollar a month with my graduate internship! (Yeah that's how it works here in the Netherlands, 250 for a full time internship... [​IMG]) Soooooo..... I basically don't have any money, just enough to pay the internet/phone bills so I can stay online and nag you in this thread. In the meantime, there is just the being-jealous-at-you-guys-for-having-money-and-beiing-able-to-buy-a-MOMO702 part :p. That keeps me focussed on graduating! If you would like to sponsor me Call, I'm in!

Just 4 more months to graduate and get a real job!! :D

I actually got a gift recently to cheer me up! A pair of Railcar Fine Goods and they're on their way as we speak! Now don't worry I won't leave this thread :p

1 person likes this.
  17. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Ouch! Tough crowd. I do enjoy my beer, but I think that second photo looks way worse because I'm tucking in a t-shirt.

18. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

That is the second time Caltex has commented on someone's figure. He sure does like his men to be lean.

19. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:( Well Argentino and I are also in school, we have our priorities straight. ;) On a serious note, that's cool man I was just messing with you.

20. rexet

rexet Senior member

Hey guys!

I may join the crotch contest with a pair of 0702 as soons as a figure out the size I should order.

Here is the sizing question I asked in the Momotaro topic just in case some of you could help:

Can't wait to show you my french crotch!