• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Momofuku Ko

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had this tonight, con drink pairing, so I'm a bit f-ed. Regardless, one of the best meals I've had in NYC. Blew away WD-50 (ya, I know the experiences are a bit different). Thoughts?

Share your experiences...

UpperWestie

Reaction score
I like Chang's stuff. Flavorful and generally hearty. WD is just outright silly and dated. Sous vide jello topped with MSG heated with a Bunsen burner is so 2001.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...must be the UWS in us...

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. So good. And so inventive and fun to eat. Definitely one of my better dining experiences.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Yes. So good. And so inventive and fun to eat. Definitely one of my better dining experiences.

Didn't realize you make it down to NYC. So I assume Ko is not as hard to get in to as it used to be.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David Chang's food reminds me of stoner food. Looks like regular stuff you make when you have the munchies.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
Didn't realize you make it down to NYC. So I assume Ko is not as hard to get in to as it used to be.

Actually, I've only technically been to the Ssam Bar. Still, seeing "Momofuku" got me all excited and I felt the need to comment. Would love to go to Ko as well, one day.

acl1

Reaction score

It definitely isn't. But yea I'd put it up there as one of the 15 best meals I've ever had.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Def. not, I looked at reservations on Sunday, one was open for Tuesday!

Originally Posted by tomgirl
Actually, I've only technically been to the Ssam Bar. Still, seeing "Momofuku" got me all excited and I felt the need to comment. Would love to go to Ko as well, one day.

Definitely a difference, but Ssam is very good as well.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
not sure about ko, but ssam and noodle bar are pretty fucking overrated

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Momofuku.. sounds like "peach luck."

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.