• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mods: Can we get a section to discuss specific designers?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
designers that could survive here:

MMM
Dries
Raf (maybe)
Jil

and those that couldn't:
rick
yurius
viridi
damir
most anything else out of the ordinary

Dunno, there are a lot of individual pieces from collections that would raise an eyebrow that would get love here. the F2009 McQueen stuff ranges from downright idiotic to spectacularly awesome. Tim Hamilton has in the past received some attention here. Yigal Azrouel might generally be a bit much but I can see some of that stuff working in SF context.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Fok's gonna be irked/confused when he comes back and sees a bunch of these threads. ahaha
laugh.gif

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying the sudden influx of designer threads. I don't have much time tonight to really browse through the collections, so what I've been doing is subscribing to them all and throwing them into folders called "SS09" and "FW09". In a way, this helps me keep track of these threads, especially when they (inevitably) get bumped off the first page. I make my own designer section of SF.
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I think very few people would dig the F/w 09 Yigal, but I remember S/S being a bit safer...
I'd be interested in seeing Yigal Azrouel's stuff. All I've seen of his is from that one GQ issue.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think it may be nicer to have designer threads that aren't season specific. That way it can turn into something more than just talking about whats on the runway. People can post pictures of their stuff from current / past seasons, etc...

There probably isn't enough to talk about for one specific season too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
designers that could survive here:

MMM
Dries
Raf (maybe)
Jil

and those that couldn't:
rick
yurius
viridi
damir
most anything else out of the ordinary

I could see other designers/makers being popular here, or at least, some of their pieces could be popular here. Unlike SZ and Sufu, people here don't tend to dive whole hog into a specific look - maybe it is the average age of the typical Styleforum reader. There are not many jobs where you can wear head to toe the viridi-anne and not have a special meeting with your boss (you and I are probably exceptions to that rule).

Anyway, I could see, in the designer realm, anything from individual pieces from Jan&Carlos, Neil Barrett, Yigal Azrouel (I've liked him since he did a small capsule collection for NM in... FW2001?,) Dior Homme, Chatav Ectabit, and Nicolo Cesci Berrini, all being popular here.

I actually think that Drkshdw is remarkably approachable. It's really like Cloak - the individual pieces can be worn separately for a variety of effects, or all together, to look very Drkshdw indeed.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Who are da 5 greatest rappers of all time?

Dylan, dylan, dylan, dylan and...

dy-lon

(had to be said)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Perhaps this was a bad idea, creating all these threads especially after the diasters that were some of runways posted by the likes of people with no style. PG is right we should just have them without the seasons

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Personally, I think it may be nicer to have designer threads that aren't season specific. That way it can turn into something more than just talking about whats on the runway. People can post pictures of their stuff from current / past seasons, etc... There probably isn't enough to talk about for one specific season too.
True. Maybe if interest continues in these threads we can eventually consolidate them, seems like a good idea to me. Should generate more discussion/interest that way. I hope.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
True. Maybe if interest continues in these threads we can eventually consolidate them, seems like a good idea to me. Should generate more discussion/interest that way. I hope.

Or a bunch of kids who get their feelings hurt and lash out.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads