• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moderntailor recommendations

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna try out the 19.99 shirt soon and wanted some opinions.

This is, in my opinion, the shirt that most resembles what I would like. Now obviously the chest on this one is tight, but I like how it is through the waist. I like very minimal fabric near the waist/belt and really do not like the billowing that can happen at the lower back. This and the 1mx from express is the closest I've found OTR that doesn't have big billowing on me. As you can maybe see, a wide top and relatively narrow waist makes it difficult to me to find something that fits reasonably OTR, hence wanting to try moderntailor.

Again, I know the shirt in these pictures doesn't fit well in the chest, but I would appreciate your recommendations for measurement adjustments based on this shirt, which is the one that I am planning on going off of.

Thanks!

cimg0481pc.jpg

cimg0482b.jpg

cimg0483e.jpg

cimg0484r.jpg

cimg0485u.jpg

cimg0486ao.jpg

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why isn't this tucked? It could probably be lengthened a little.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBear
Why isn't this tucked? It could probably be lengthened a little.

Just to get a full fit view, I guess.

Here is the brooksbrother slim fit, whereas the first post was extra slim. I had darts put on this to try and bring it in some more. I think it looks like absolute **** compared to my the extra slim. What do you think?

cimg0489.jpg

cimg0490x.jpg

cimg0491q.jpg

cimg0492m.jpg

cimg0487e.jpg

cimg0488j.jpg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like I made a shirt from a shower curtain.
cimg0493t.jpg
cimg0494c.jpg
cimg0495ni.jpg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the first post...I'm thinking add 1.5 inches to the chest and maybe an inch to the shoulder/yoke. What do you think?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rich_202
Rugger, I have a similar body type. Big chest and smaller waist. I would suggest adding at least an inch to the chest on the xslim BB.

Moderntailor has been a complete salvation for me. My moderntailor shirts fits much better than anything that I've ever been able to get RTW, including the baggy BB slimfit.

To give you some context I wear a 16.5 - 35 RTW shirt size, 44R jacket, and 36 pant.

My modertailor sizing (use it as a guide if you wish) is as follows:

\tCollar \t17.25"
\tHalf Chest \t 24"
\tHalf Waist \t22"
\tHalf Hip \t24.5"
5 \tLeft Sleeve Length 26"\t
Right Sleeve Length \t26"
\tHalf Bicep \t9"
7 \tLeft Cuffs \t9.5"
Right Cuffs \t9.25"
\tYoke \t21"
\tShoulder 7.25" \t
\tShirt Length 34"\t
\tArmhole \t11.25"
\tShort Sleeve Length 9"

Can you post a pic of you wearing one?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, that looks awesome LOL. I can't wait to try some out and get rid of these ************* brooks brothers. They're fine when I wear jackets but I dont want to wear a jacket everyday!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads