1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Trouser Cut

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mattmaybloom, Oct 10, 2016.

1. mattmaybloom

mattmaybloom Member

Hiya Fellas,

I noticed that in all (or most that i see) suits these the trousers seem to be cut rather slim and close to the leg almost like skinny jeans. Whatever happened to full cut trousers and why did they go away? My suits that i have all have this slim style that i really don't care for. Is there any maker out there cutting trousers in a classic style? For example:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thought on this style? Anyone here prefer it to the modern fit?

Matt

2. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

3. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Way too dated now, even these fashion plates look like they are from the 50s or earlier, things change.

4. comrade

comrade Senior member

The 30s. Look at the woman's outfit.

5. mattmaybloom

mattmaybloom Member

Yes the 30s! I consider it the golden era of mens fashion, but I may just be an oddball

6. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I actually like regency period clothing, but outside of fancy dress I wouldn't wear it.