Modern Tailor vs. Indochino?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ampersand, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ampersand

ampersand Active Member

I have about $400-500 to spend on a new suit. I'm looking for a basic charcoal gray (for interviews). It seems like my money would go further w/ Indochino or Modern Tailor, rather than buying OTR.

Just wondering if anyone has bought a suit from both places. I've read most of the reviews and feedback in the MT/Indochino threads. Kind of leaning towards MT.

Any suggestions or experiences from people who ordered from both? Thx.

2. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

3. enzoangelo

enzoangelo Active Member

I just came across the website for Proper Suit this morning. They offer sub-$500 suits in a dozen or so fabric options.

I cannot speak of their quality of work, but I'd probably be more likely to try getting a suit from them rather than MT. I have not been impressed with anything I've seen from Indochino.

4. raphael__n

raphael__n Well-Known Member

If you still haven`t bought your suit yet, you may want to give Indochino a try now. Their new charcoal suit looks quite good and is supposed to be very good material. As usual, a coupon code goes a long way in cutting down costs.

5. jbharris88

jbharris88 Senior member

I'm sure Modern Tailor would make a superior product to specifications but nobody has taken the initiative yet and the company doesn't seem to want to incentivize the risk (tailor's credit). I would go would IC b/c you have many opportunities to nail what you want with their free remake policy and $75 tailors credit. Look for coupons online to get % off or free shit.

6. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Neither... Unless you're a crazy size, both are exceedingly terrible. Don't listen to these guys above me who recommend Indochino.

7. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Neither... Unless you're a crazy size, both are exceedingly terrible. Don't listen to these guys above me who recommend Indochino.

You can take your chances, but the above is probably the best advice.

8. East Oakland

East Oakland Senior member

Unless you have bizarre proportions, I would just buy something of the rack. A lot of the MTM suits in those threads are complete disasters--completely unwearable for an interview.

At least if you go OTR you know you will have something functional that will work for an interview.

9. imwithtuxedo

imwithtuxedo Senior member

I'm sure Modern Tailor would make a superior product to specifications but nobody has taken the initiative yet and the company doesn't seem to want to incentivize the risk (tailor's credit). I would go would IC b/c you have many opportunities to nail what you want with their free remake policy and $75 tailors credit. Look for coupons online to get % off or free shit.

Sure they have: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=161777&page=8