1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Modern Tailor / MOP Buttons

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nycwallst, Jan 31, 2010.

1. nycwallst

nycwallst Senior Member

So, I know a bunch of people here on StyleForum have been going to ModernTailor.com for custom shirts -- myself included. I am very happy with them, but find that the one thing that can really make the shirts stand out is missing -- high quality, mother of pearl buttons (because theirs currently suck).

I've emailed requesting them, and they don't seem to have plans to offer an upgrade. I figure if enough of us request them, though, they may give an option to get some put on at about $10-12 extra per shirt.

These are the style of what I was thinking: http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/T4449.html

Anyone else care enough to send an email to them?

2. imwithtuxedo

imwithtuxedo Senior Member

So, I know a bunch of people here on StyleForum have been going to ModernTailor.com for custom shirts -- myself included. I am very happy with them, but find that the one thing that can really make the shirts stand out is missing -- high quality, mother of pearl buttons (because theirs currently suck).

I've emailed requesting them, and they don't seem to have plans to offer an upgrade. I figure if enough of us request them, though, they may give an option to get some put on at about $10-12 extra per shirt.

These are the style of what I was thinking: http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/T4449.html

I emailed them and got a response saying that they have had many requests for higher quality thicker MOP buttons and are working on it.

3. Weich77

Weich77 Senior Member

I heard they will get the TROCHUS MOP in Feb...

4. Weich77

Weich77 Senior Member

they said $5to $10 for the thick TROCHUS buttons

5. nycwallst

nycwallst Senior Member

Do they have them yet, or any word on when they will be getting them?

6. columbia92

columbia92 Well-Known Member

Do they have them yet, or any word on when they will be getting them?

I also asked about it and they also said they'll have it soon. No firm date though.

7. coltboy75

coltboy75 Senior Member

I called yesterday and they said to check the website on a daily basis. The problem is you need to create a shirt and go through several steps just to see if they have the new thick MOP buttons.

8. jobro

jobro Senior Member

Just checked then. No sign of thick MOP.

9. moderntailoremma

moderntailoremma Senior Member

Just checked then. No sign of thick MOP.

Sorry about the delay. We released thick MOP buttons some time late March I remember but they have Moderntailor brand and some customers preferred no brand. Now we just got new thick mop, without brand...
    [​IMG]