• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Weich77
Buttons Down Collar with MOP buttons
I have washed them many many times, they are "impeccable"
My seconde BD collar has eadge stiching + purple buttonholes thread (+$5 for each special requirments)
smile.gif

Looks great un-buttoned however the collar is way to big when buttoned.

coltboy75

Reaction score
I think Modern Tailor is getting better and better, however; they need more collar selections. It seems as if all the collars are simple variations of the same cut. I have e-amiled them about increasing the size of their collar selection, adding collars with smaller points that are not as high. They returned my e-mail stating that they are planning on adding a vast amount of options in 2010. A few days later, they added fabric that's $199.

Weich77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75
I think Modern Tailor is getting better and better, however; they need more collar selections. It seems as if all the collars are simple variations of the same cut. I have e-amiled them about increasing the size of their collar selection, adding collars with smaller points that are not as high. They returned my e-mail stating that they are planning on adding a vast amount of options in 2010. A few days later, they added fabric that's $199.

I gave them my spc for the CP and BH, and it cost me $10 more. I noticed they added $199 fabrics too, all of them have checks design, i guess they are italian or swiss fabrics...

pelipen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by columbia92
8 days??? That's amazing fast!!! Did you requested for expedite shipment or pay for DHL shipping????

As for your complaint with collars, it is MTM company we're dealing with after all... Can't you email them and specify/clarify your request with them so they can make the shirts that you like and want???

I just paid standard shipping. Ordered at 10pm on the 7th, arrived noon on the 15th. Fast.

I've read a few statements that they will accept notes in the comments. They don't have a collar measurement in the order form like some of the other companies. If they add that, or if they would accept that in notes, that would be ideal.

They gave due attention to details, like lining up stripes.

There is another fabric I like, I'll do one more and enter some extra measurements.

columbia92

Reaction score
I've managed to get some credit from on my first order when I showed them that my shirts wasn't made to the way it should be.... You might want to try that.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've managed to get some credit from on my first order when I showed them that my shirts wasn't made to the way it should be.... You might want to try that.

I've thought about that, but... would I even bother to order from them again? The jury is still out on that one. I'm going to wait for my propercloth order to come in.

M.D.

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to try-out this Moderntailor service. Perhaps any of you have a 20$-voucher lying around?
biggrin.gif

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by M.D.
Hi, I would like to try-out this Moderntailor service. Perhaps any of you have a 20$-voucher lying around?
biggrin.gif

M.D. - check your PM. I sent you a $20 off coupon.

chris00710

Reaction score
Any chance that someone could PM me a $20 off coupon as well? Thanks!

LawrenceUK

Reaction score
Seeing these collars has put me totally off - they need to sort them out!!!!

columbia92

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75

I just saw the $199 fabric on their website. Those fabrics looks nice but are they really worth the money??? I definitely would not recommend normal people to buy those fabric unless they really got the size/fitting/style really nailed down and know what they're doing but even then??

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw the $199 fabric on their website. Those fabrics looks nice but are they really worth the money??? I definitely would not recommend normal people to buy those fabric unless they really got the size/fitting/style really nailed down and know what they're doing but even then??

I'm not going to pay $200 for a shirt made in China.

[d]

Reaction score
hi, i am a new poster (though i have lurked off and on over the years, in fact, i think i know a few posters here...)

i checked the moderntailor site and found a red check pattern which i like... seems their options are ok, though they don't have a back pleat style which i like, and they seem to offer button only cuffs.

if anyone could offer a $20 discount i would appreciate it, as i am interested in trying their order service. without the $20 offer i am not so sure if i'll try it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads