• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second the request for any codes. About to try some cotton pants, would be nice to mitigate my concerns about the lightness of fabric with a lower price! :embar:

terra firma

Reaction score
Did their customer service department go on vacation or something? I have problems with two different shirts and have sent multiple emails and gotten nothing but dead air. Is this common practice for them?

Last edited:

megara

Reaction score
Did their customer service department go on vacation or something? I have problems with two different shirts and have sent multiple emails and gotten nothing but dead air. Is this common practice for them?I saw
That's what I heard from their thread as well.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bricks and mortar shops are better for you. The path is littered with self-measure online disasters.

terra firma

Reaction score
Never doing business with them again unless they agree to remake what they screwed up and ship it free of charge. Put in an order with proper cloth for my next shirt instead. It costs a bit more, but maybe they'll at least appreciate my business.

BillP

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent experiences with MT shirts? How long from order to delivery?

terra firma

Reaction score
What would you like to know? It's around 2 weeks give or take a few days.

terra firma

Reaction score
Thanks. I see that you weren't very happy with them back in Nov. Do you still feel that way?

Somewhat. I gave them one more shot and ordered one of their sale fabrics a few months ago and there were a few minor annoyances that are keeping me from ordering from them again.

The biggest and most glaring issue is that the plaid isn't aligned very well with the placket. I've got a photo to illustrate what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/r5ET7Ga.jpg

The pattern isn't centered so any kind of pulling on the fabric causes the red stripe to come out from behind the placket accentuating any kind of pulling. Now if I do any kind of bending over or stretch out my shoulders the shirt is going to be pulled a tiny bit. There's more than enough room to accommodate for my chest measurement so it's not an issue of it being too tight. It's sort of a combination of the fabric being very soft with some give, and how they made the placket. So as I wear it throughout the day the very very slight pulling creates this wave in the red stripe that makes the shirt looks weird.

Other than that I've gone about trying different shirt makers since then and just am not impressed with the overall quality for the cost. I would like to get a nicer fabric than just whatever is on sale, but I don't trust their quality control enough to do so.

sansimeon

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent experiences with MT shirts? How long from order to delivery?

I ordered a test shirt a while ago and won't be using them again. Wasn't too happy with the shirt and their customer care was extremely slow and rather unfriendly.

Reaction score
Ordered the white "Liberty" pattern shirt based on measurements from one that fit me pretty well. Got it in a week, and it fits me better than any other shirt I own apart from this strange wrinkle around my chest, not sure why maybe extra fabric. Also the cufflink-hole is too far from the edge of french cuffs (almost two inches). Ordered a black 3-piece suit for my wedding, hopefully it comes out ok

Reaction score
Been emailing them several times over the past few days for a change to my order with no response. So much for their claim to reply within 24 hours..

terra firma

Reaction score
Been emailing them several times over the past few days for a change to my order with no response. So much for their claim to reply within 24 hours..

Now watch how they conveniently respond now that you've posted something. I had to raise a fuss before anyone got back to me, then they argued with me about my order. It was a fun experience.

Reaction score
So my jacket was too short and the pockets were placed too high and close to the center. I sent them pictures, and although it took a while they did agree to remake it, so that was good. But I need it soon for my wedding, and they still haven't confirmed that they've started the remake even though I've emailed them several times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads