Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shazeh, Sep 5, 2009.

1. columbia92

columbia92 Well-Known Member

Flaring pockets is a sign of bad fit, regardless of style.

I think he flaring pockets may be caused by the incorrect cropping of the picture using photoshop instead of the bad fit or tailoring of the pants.

2. raybert

raybert Well-Known Member

3. coltboy75

coltboy75 Senior member

Unacceptable. I would request the entire purchase price be refunded. I have had the same experience with their ties. I have three ties and all were different from the ties I ordered.

4. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

Any 20% off codes floating around that still work? I've the one from here and a few from AAAC but none seem to be active...

5. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

raybert,

left one looks baaad, right one just barely acceptable.
    that middle picture is pretty weird. Looks like the pattern is matched on top but not the bottom, ie the angle is actually mismatched. Unless you asked them to adjust for a low shoulder, this is unacceptable.
    I would definitely complain to their customer support.

6. raybert

Redwoood, I have sent MT a email outlining the issues with my order. I will reply to this thread once I get a reply.

Pics please.

raybert,

left one looks baaad, right one just barely acceptable.
    that middle picture is pretty weird. Looks like the pattern is matched on top but not the bottom, ie the angle is actually mismatched. Unless you asked them to adjust for a low shoulder, this is unacceptable.
    I would definitely complain to their customer support.

7. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

8. raybert

Redwoood, I have sent MT a email outlining the issues with my order. I will reply to this thread once I get a reply.

After posting my recent experiences with the split-yoke issue I received a message from Emma - MT to address the issue. MT have offered to remake the shirts in question and also the selection of a tie due to the wrong one being sent. So [​IMG] for their customer service to make amends. I will update this thread once I receive the remakes.

Deveandepot1 regarding the fabric book:

I'm not sure, if it is of added value ,given the rate of new and discontinued fabrics added to their catalog frequently. I received a fabric book with my latest order which was actually really nice as I quite like some fabrics which I would not have considered otherwise. Now the fabric book title says "Classic Fabric" - maybe this is a core set of fabrics that MT will be always offering (i.e. staple fabrics that people will use to start-off a basic shirt collection). What I would actually find even more useful is offering fabrics from their suit/pants range which would not change often. I am actually fleeting with the idea of getting some dress pants and even a suit down the track.

I find the dress gallery really useful in making fabric choices. Although many don't necessarily have shirt displayed, with all my orders thus far I have allowed them to display the finished shirt. I think it is also cool that I can see my finished shirt whilst waiting for my order to arrive [​IMG]

9. coltboy75

coltboy75 Senior member

Received my order today. I have purchased from MT several times and I am very satisfied, the reason for the post and what I found to be interesting, the tie I received is a Jos. A. Bank Signature Collection. I found this to be funny in that it was a free gift from MT but around $79.99 retail, $47.70 on sale today at Jos. A. Bank.

10. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

If anyone has a voucher they can pm me, or knowledge of another active promo code I'd be interested. I've made a couple of orders and never been sent the $20 vouchers for friends and family that they advertise, but if I get any in the future I will surely share them with SF to repay the Karma.

11. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Received my order today. I have purchased from MT several times and I am very satisfied, the reason for the post and what I found to be interesting, the tie I received is a Jos. A. Bank Signature Collection. I found this to be funny in that it was a free gift from MT but around $79.99 retail, $47.70 on sale today at Jos. A. Bank.

That tells you what JAB ties are worth.

12. imwithtuxedo

imwithtuxedo Senior member

That tells you what JAB ties are worth.

I got a Tommy Hillfiger tie from MT one time.

13. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Senior member

If anyone has a voucher they can pm me, or knowledge of another active promo code I'd be interested. I've made a couple of orders and never been sent the $20 vouchers for friends and family that they advertise, but if I get any in the future I will surely share them with SF to repay the Karma.

They offered a reusable $20 voucher for a period before. Considering how many people order from them on SF maybe they'll issue another one if somebody asks.

14. Drudged

Drudged Senior member

They offered a reusable $20 voucher for a period before. Considering how many people order from them on SF maybe they'll issue another one if somebody asks.

I'm also wondering if they had a valid code right now, I was looking to order another pretty soon.

15. seanpatrickb

seanpatrickb Senior member

Finally made the plunge and got one of their $29 shirts to see how my measurements work. I took a few different shirts that fit well in different spots and took measurements from each, so we will see how that turns out, expect some tweaking to be needed. My question is that I paid the $5 for the expedited production, just curious how much of a difference people have experienced that to make. I appologize if this has already been addressed, I admittedly did not do a very thorough search of the thread.