• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

wysiwyg

Reaction score
Looking forward to pics on those pants. Thinking about pulling the trigger...

trentlane669

Reaction score
Has anybody used the moderntailor20sf code on two different orders? I purchased a first shirt that fit pretty close to dead on what I'm looking for and want to place another order to totally dial-in my measurements.

Kurtz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trentlane669
Has anybody used the moderntailor20sf code on two different orders? I purchased a first shirt that fit pretty close to dead on what I'm looking for and want to place another order to totally dial-in my measurements.

I haven't tried it, but all you would have to do is make a shirt, get to where you put the coupon in, and then try it out. If it doesn't go through, it'll tell you before you check out or anything.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my two shirts in the mail. The fit is great. Although, they're still a bit short for my liking and the cuffs are slightly too big. Everything else is pretty much spot on. The fabrics I chose are thicker than I hoped, but they are 2 ply non iron 80s, so I should've expected that. It's too bad I won't be able to wear them in the hot summer though! Maybe they'll lighten up after a wash as it seems treated (non iron).

The free tie I chose is actually usable also, which really surprised me. I didn't like almost all of the ties they have to offer.

Marked the order as received at got a $5 off coupon. Filled out the survey.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details of the new shirt. Medium button down collar. Thick MOP unbranded buttons. The fabric is kinda shiny. I hope it gets duller with washes. Overall, the best made shirt I've bought from MT. The buttons looks like they're sewed on better. Both of my other shirts have had buttons come off.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Details of the new shirt. Medium button down collar. Thick MOP unbranded buttons. The fabric is kinda shiny. I hope it gets duller with washes. Overall, the best made shirt I've bought from MT. The buttons looks like they're sewed on better. Both of my other shirts have had buttons come off.

How long between ordering and delivery?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
How long between ordering and delivery?

Ordered on Sunday, 4/25 at night

Shipped on 4/28 (website tracking says 4/29)

Received on 5/4

Talk about fast! They guarantee they'll make the shirt in 3 business days. Shipping is usually 5-6 business days. It's basically a little over a week for the entire process.

coltboy75

Reaction score
^ Placed my order on 4/28/2010, still in production.
plain.gif

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do I read it correctly that MT only offers a buttondown collar in 3" (too short) or 3.5" (too long) point lengths?

That's bizarre. Most are 3.25 or 3+3/8".

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
Do I read it correctly that MT only offers a buttondown collar in 3" (too short) or 3.5" (too long) point lengths?

That's bizarre. Most are 3.25 or 3+3/8".

You can probably just state what length you want. They're quite good at customization.

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
You can probably just state what length you want. They're quite good at customization.

+1
They will do whatever customization you want. Collar length, round collar, shawl collar, you name it they make it. Just send a clear description and a picture and they will do it.

coltboy75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75
^ Placed my order on 4/28/2010, still in production.
plain.gif

I e-mailed Modern Tailor concerning my order. There reply stated that my shirt went through production, but did not pass their Quality Control division and needed to be remade. I think this speaks volumes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads