Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shazeh, Sep 5, 2009.

1. perpetua

perpetua Senior member

Thanks for the code, worked fine for me. I just ordered a pair of cotton pants, which may make me the first such brave soul on SF. If there's interest, I'll post a review when they come in.

2. dv_indian

dv_indian Senior member

Thanks for the code, worked fine for me. I just ordered a pair of cotton pants, which may make me the first such brave soul on SF. If there's interest, I'll post a review when they come in.

I salute your bravery [​IMG]
    Did you take measurements off of the trouser?

3. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

moderntailor20sf works for repeat orders now! I just ordered 2 more shirts (these'll be my 3rd and 4th)... Blue and Light Pink OCBD with thick MOP buttons. Looking forward to it! I think I have my measurements absolutely perfect this time. I'll post pics, so you can see the MOP buttons.

4. Kurtz

Kurtz Well-Known Member

Definitely post a review and pics if possible! Also, has anyone tried out the tartans? There are some i the sale section right now, and I was curious.

5. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I remember before you could add the coupon code to your account and the credit would always be there. I don't see that option anymore. Can we only use coupon codes upon checkout now?

Yes.

6. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Senior member

Definitely post a review and pics if possible! Also, has anyone tried out the tartans? There are some i the sale section right now, and I was curious.

i got the blue/red/white tartan shirt (in the showcase).
    love it and looks great with my jeans.

just used the sf coupon on my first mt dress pants. measured off my best fitted suit pants.
    i'll give a review after it arrives. [​IMG]

7. suiturself

suiturself Well-Known Member

moderntailor20sf works for repeat orders now! I just ordered 2 more shirts (these'll be my 3rd and 4th)... Blue and Light Pink OCBD with thick MOP buttons. Looking forward to it! I think I have my measurements absolutely perfect this time. I'll post pics, so you can see the MOP buttons.

Awesome...thanks for the update! Just placed an order myself.

I got a white/blue check shirt with the unbranded white thick MOP buttons and a pink/white striped shirt with pink buttons (wanted to try this combo so I opted out on the MOP buttons) and then got a free gold colored tie.

I made some very slight adjustments to my previous measurements. I slightly widened the shoulders and yoke and, as a result of that, slightly decreased my sleeve length.

We'll see how everything turns out!

8. Valproate

Valproate Senior member

Was the giant collar issue ever fixed? They look huge in some earlier pics. If they were, I might try a shirt.

Thanks!

9. perpetua

perpetua Senior member

Well, nine hours after submitting my trousers order, Moderntailor just emailed me to confirm my measurements. Based on the size of the hip, they suspected the back-rise and thigh were off. They were right on the back-rise (by 3 inches, oops...), but I got the same measure on the thigh. I used my best-fitting pair of pants (a cotton pair from Mabitex), which are slim but certainly not tight. Hopefully these'll work out...

10. Weich77

Weich77 Senior member

Was the giant collar issue ever fixed? They look huge in some earlier pics. If they were, I might try a shirt.

Thanks!

They have different size for the same collar now

11. Sander

Sander Senior member

Do tell us about the collar you ordered and take pics of it later.

12. brittain

brittain Senior member

just placed my first order for a simple blue oxford with medium cut away collar and thin unbranded MOP buttons. If moderntailor ends up working out as well as it looks, then I'll never have to deal with Jantzen again.

13. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

14. coltboy75

coltboy75 Senior member

^ Thanks to your post, I bought the same shirt.

15. Valproate

Valproate Senior member

Thanks, I'll measure an existing shirt and try one from MT this weekend [​IMG]