• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

raybert

Reaction score
Looking to order some shirts soon. I would like to create one to wear more casually and untucked. What would be the best shirt bottom to select from the options of: round, straight, cut, straight cut - I was thinking "cut" as I'm not really a fan of the straight bottoms? Also what would be a good shirt length - shirt to end around the top of the rear pants pockets?

Thanks.

coltboy75

Reaction score
On the cut buttom there is a small piece of fabric that joins the front and back of the shirt. You could have this made in a contrasting color to add a little flair.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma
We're announcing several promotions soon
smile.gif

We're just waiting to finish the final inventory of all our fabrics. We added a bunch more... we're going up to 1000 fabrics... now with Sea Island... which is high quality.

Btw, our thick MOP buttons for dress shirts have arrived and we'll put them up on our website soon. These thick MOP buttons are unbranded.

Thanks.

E

ModernTailor Dress Shirts

What line are the Thomas Mason fabrics from?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome about the buttons.

If it is Thomas Mason Silverline, I don't understand the pricing. $169.99 + $5 for split yoke + $2 for MOP buttons + $10 for shipping = $186.99. Most Silverline at mytailor will end up being about $136 shipped. $50 more expensive? I'll pass.

On the other hand, I don't recognize much of it from any Silverline book I've seen. Will be interesting to see what they say.

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79

If it is Thomas Mason Silverline, I don't understand the pricing. $169.99 + $5 for split yoke + $2 for MOP buttons + $10 for shipping = $186.99. Most Silverline at mytailor will end up being about $136 shipped. $50 more expensive? I'll pass.

On the other hand, I don't recognize much of it from any Silverline book I've seen. Will be interesting to see what they say.

This is probably because imports are cheaper in Hong Kong than elsewhere?

moderntailoremma

Reaction score

Our fabrics r goldline not silverline.

E

moderntailoremma

Reaction score

Our fabrics r goldline not silverline.

E
ModernTailor Dress Shirts

coltboy75

Reaction score
I found this online, FWIW:

Goldline Shirtings

The THOMAS MASON Goldline is a collection of 2/140 yarn, which is among the finest custom shirtings currently available.
These fabrics are made in the old English way, and quality is paramount. The Goldline range in 2/140 utilizes the finest of long staple Egyptian Giza cottons, which are spun in Switzerland. The closest controls at all levels, and the special finishing methods which have been developed for the qualities, all ensure a fabric which is quite unique in appearance, handle and performance.
The Goldline qualities variously explore the subtleties possible through 2/140 yarn, and the design direction encompasses the timeless elements of refined classicism.

Silverline Shirtings

The THOMAS MASON Silverline is a collection of 2/100s yarns with a heavier feel, but the same boldness you have become accustomed to with the Goldline.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish they also offered the silverline. I don't need the extravagance of a 140s fabric any more than I do a 100s.

Tangur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma
I Just want to tell you that we now have a new voucher for Styleforum members:

moderntailor20sf - voucher code.

Here you go and enjoy! If there are any issues with the code, just msg her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads