Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shazeh, Sep 5, 2009.

1. chris00710

chris00710 Member

After a couple of days, the Chinese tracking website will update with the USPS or FEDEX tracking number. But like the previous poster said, you are likely to receive the package right around when that happens.

2. dv3

dv3 Senior member

I ordered a shirt and it was flawed (chest measurements significantly smaller than measurements provided), so they offered a redo, again the measurements were off, so they offered another redo. Let's see how this one turns out...

It is unlikely I will use their services again and will stick with mytailor.com

Moderntailor does have friendly customer service (via email), I will give them that!

3. mlongano

mlongano Senior member

Thanks everyone...I was just concerned that it might arrive with nobody available to sign for it, and then get returned to China to start the whole delivery process anew.

4. click here

click here Senior member

I ordered a shirt and it was flawed (chest measurements significantly smaller than measurements provided), so they offered a redo, again the measurements were off, so they offered another redo. Let's see how this one turns out...

Did you have to send the flawed shirt back? Did you have to pay for the redo?

5. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Thanks everyone...I was just concerned that it might arrive with nobody available to sign for it, and then get returned to China to start the whole delivery process anew.

Leave a note on your door....works like a charm, especially if you know your postman/ups driver well.

6. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

Hi everyone,

This is my first SF post - I just wanted to share the results of my first MT shirt for those who might be interested...

[​IMG]

This shirt has the large cut away collar, french cuffs, placket, light grey buttons, and darts in the back.

I used the measurements from my best fitting shirt. This shirt is not an exact match, but it's very close. The sleeves on this shirt came out too long and the cuffs a bit to large in circumference, but I can live with them for now. I've corrected the length and my second shirt is somwhat better in this regard.

I will order again. In the future I'm thinking of trying to adjust measurements around the torso and getting rid of the darts, but not sure how it will work out. My originial shirt had darts, which is why I included them, but I think with a smaller waist and hip measurement they would be unnecessary.

Please comment if you notice anything else about the fit that I should be aware of.

7. jobro

jobro Senior member

Looks good. I think the shoulder is a little to wide.

Keep up the post's with pictures!

8. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Up for grabs... gift voucher for MT. Probably worth $10. I have a ton of credit in my account already because they always offer one for completing a survey after an order.

Feel free to use it... The email I got said it's transferable so I'm letting whoever wants it have it. I just ask if you're already a regular customer of MT, you probably have a bunch of vouchers of your own so let someone who wants to give their service a first go snag the voucher.

Cheers

9. click here

click here Senior member

Up for grabs... gift voucher for MT.
    Damn lurkers took it already [​IMG]

10. imwithtuxedo

imwithtuxedo Senior member

Shoulders are bit wide. Get rid of the darts by decreasing your chest and waist measurements. You don't need darts on custom tailored shirts. I made this mistake on my first MT order as well. 6 shirts since and no darts.
    I would take your waist measurement in around 2" and the shoulders at least an 1".

11. dv3

dv3 Senior member

Did you have to send the flawed shirt back? Did you have to pay for the redo?
    No they didn't ask for it back. The only flaw is that it doesn't fit me, I am actually selling it in B&S right now. No, I did not have to pay for the redo of the redo. [​IMG]

12. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

Shoulders are bit wide. Get rid of the darts by decreasing your chest and waist measurements. You don't need darts on custom tailored shirts. I made this mistake on my first MT order as well. 6 shirts since and no darts.
    I would take your waist measurement in around 2" and the shoulders at least an 1".

Thanks. I will take your advice into account on my future orders.

13. coltboy75

coltboy75 Senior member

14. onix

onix Senior member

15. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Now this is nice.

agree, except for the logo. I wonder if you can get them without.
    Probably not though [​IMG]