• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern prefab housing.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd toss this up here for any interested parties. Just a few links and photos of some modern prefabricated homes. I am not in (or anywhere near) a position to own a home, but I love these:

IM_ZN_ArPreProd_01_03.jpg

http://www.zenkaya.com/index.htm

update-exterior.jpg

http://www.breckenridgeparkmodels.co...ttage-news.php

buy_1.jpg

http://microcompacthome.com/company/?con=buy

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I mention, I work at this firm?
teacha.gif
(yeah, I guess I did...) www.mkd-arc.com
house17.jpg
breezeMain.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love prefeab housing, and if I ever leave a city I will consider it very seriously. There is an LA firm that has come up with some awesome stuff that is slightly more customizable while retaining all that is good about prefab: http://www.marmolradzinerprefab.com/cp9.html

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt,

Those are stunning. Any idea on pricepoint? Some of the ones I linked above start as low as ~$45K.

Between your furnishings and your clothing I'd like to inherit your life at some point. Let me know if you ever get tired of it and we can work out some sort of arrangement.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Matt,

Those are stunning. Any idea on pricepoint? Some of the ones I linked above start as low as ~$45K.

Between your furnishings and your clothing I'd like to inherit your life at some point. Let me know if you ever get tired of it and we can work out some sort of arrangement.

Not sure on the price, but I imaine that it is cheaper than normal construction but still a bit pricey. The Loftcube runs almost 200k for the bigger model and it is only 600sf, but is stunning. All the materiels are top of the line and the design is just about perfect. You know that my wife comes along with the trade, so you might want to think twice...

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Not sure on the price, but I imaine that it is cheaper than normal construction but still a bit pricey. The Loftcube runs almost 200k for the bigger model and it is only 600sf, but is stunning. All the materiels are top of the line and the design is just about perfect.

You know that my wife comes along with the trade, so you might want to think twice...

From the way you have described your wife's clothing inclinations, we'd probably get along well enough. Though if I had to foot the bill for her, we might run into some disagreement.

I'm young, hardy, and have a number of exceptionally functional organs you might be able to make use of should we go the Freaky Friday route.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Or, if you want something smaller and have a bit of Austin Powers in you.

I actually think that it is a very cool idea.

I absolutely love this. I assume it's very expensive, if they're even in production.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thought I'd toss this up here for any interested parties. Just a few links and photos of some modern prefabricated homes. I am not in (or anywhere near) a position to own a home, but I love these

So now you are raiding my product/design thread and taking credit for it? I see how it is.

smile.gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prefabs are trendy in l.a. right now. many of them come with super expensive designer applances, and they cater to the hipster crowd.

i was going to start a thread about them a few months ago after hearing a radio show on the subject, but i must have forgot.

there is a website called fabprefab that has links to many desingers/builders.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
So now you are raiding my product/design thread and taking credit for it? I see how it is.

smile.gif

I forgot about that thread. Did you put some prefabs in there? Would you like to go half on a prefab desert compound and raise an uncomfortable army? Please advise.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I forgot about that thread. Did you put some prefabs in there? Would you like to go half on a prefab desert compound and raise an uncomfortable army? Please advise.

Yeah, two weeks or so ago, I posted pretty much the same ones. Plus links to the manufacturers and pricing.

http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...product+design

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads