• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Furniture for Condo

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have lutron switches, they work well for me.

What are the floors in that place? They look like oak from here. I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace the floors unless they are laminate or something cheesy like that, or otherwise damaged. Start with good drywall prep and paint, you'll find that changes quite a bit about your place.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with light fixtures in the walls. I talked to an electrician and was quoted $350 per light for the living room (x3, one on each wall between the windows). Is this reasonable at all?

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have lutron switches, they work well for me.

What are the floors in that place? They look like oak from here. I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace the floors unless they are laminate or something cheesy like that, or otherwise damaged. Start with good drywall prep and paint, you'll find that changes quite a bit about your place.

I went with lutron as you suggested. They worked very well. I think the floors are oak... After cleaning them, they look nice, although I would like a lighter color. I'm still contemplating changing them.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excellent, glad it is working out.

If they are finished from the factory leave it, but if not you could have someone redo them in white oil, bleach, ect and get a much lighter color.

I have no idea if the pricing is reasonable, I do everything myself so I have no context.

Last edited:

Nick Mayers

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm near closing for a new condo and I'm starting to look at furniture. It's a small condo at 1300 sq ft and I'd like to give it a very modern design. I visited BoConcept today and liked several of their stuff. What other brands are similar or better in quality and modern in concept? Also, i'd be willing to share the floorplan if you like designing a home and wish to give me some input.

Thanks!

Hey,

do you have a blog or something? I cannot agree with everything in your crib but some things are quite cool. Keep up with the photos, I'm curious how the condo looks now..

EddyP

Reaction score
Hey man,

This seems like exciting stuff. I helped out a friend re-decorate his new home and he had a similar idea of what he wanted the place to look like, have you tried these sites:

www.2modern.com
www.yliving.com
www.habitat.co.uk

they have a similar theme to BoConcept, its worth a try.

Alternatively whilst on your searches I think to re-iterate the above's comment I think it would be really useful for you to visit sites like Houzz and Pinterest they have some great ideas and can trigger some creative thoughts.

I am a big fan of Pinterest and it actually persuaded me into re-designing my flat into a more old school retro american feel. Now I am a SwingOramic and the occasional Lawton Imports man.

Who knows, give it a go. You may decide to mix it up in your condo and have several different themes throughout the building, you have a nice amount of space to work with. :)

Hope it goes well mate

Eddy

suaviter

Reaction score
It's convenient that this thread exists because I am in the exact same situation, closing in 2 days.

Here's the sister spot (same countertops etc. paint is different place was unlisted so no pics)

Going to ditch my post-college furniture and get nice stuff but sloooowly.

Hybrid room first floor / shares with garage / plan to put in an office (work from home a good bit) and some type of futon to have a 3rd bed
IS-150s0o3322a1p.jpg

Kitchen (same backsplash, countertops, cabinets)
IS-t516rbclj6n1.jpg

Living room opposite kitchen ( I want a projector onto the wall where that TV hangs)
IS-t1wzui1yy6vx.jpg

Reverse of living room (Wayyyyy too cluttery, obvs)
IS-t1wzum016au5.jpg

Master
IS-t516rn6s7ihp.jpg

BR 2
IS-14xntuw0gwwnx.jpg

Rooftop :)
IS-t516y40fhzkt.jpg

First things first -- thinking of a nice simple couch for the living room (as in one on the sites mentioned above), 1-2 Eames or other modern chairs and projector in LR.

2nd BR will get my old furniture so I'm going new on the master. Suggestions welcomed there as well as outdoor stuff for the patio.

rclark

Reaction score
I would definitely check out the stuff EQ3 has! Great sizing, a lot of modular couch options and they cover just about every furniture need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics