• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moda Republic - Official Affiliate Thread

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Styleforum users, I’m Alex and I'd like to start off this thread by introducing my company Moda Republic, which specializes in quality tailored men’s and women’s suits, shirts and winter coats. My brother Chris and I are very excited to be a part of Styleforum and look forward to interacting with the folks here.

We are an online tailor that also has a physical presence in Hong Kong. When we started this company, it was out of a love for clothing and because we had a difficult time finding a tailor in Hong Kong that offered both quality fabric AND construction at prices that didn't break the bank. Many of our friends felt the same way which is what spurred us to start Moda Republic. We started this company with a focus on offering high quality tailored clothing at an affordable price. We believe in having a wide range of quality fabrics so that even those with a lower budget can still have something that is well-constructed without having to settle for shoddy workmanship, and over time upgrade to finer fabrics. I truly believe that what we offer at our price point is much higher quality and something that customers will notice.

Our team of tailors have over 30-40 years experience and we even opened a workshop located in Hong Kong that manufactures a portion of our suits. My brother and I were very adamant about a workshop in Hong Kong out of respect for a trade that is sadly, slowly disappearing in Hong Kong as many companies move their production to China. We also have a factory in China, but our workshop in Hong Kong acts as a school as well, where candidates that work for us are under constant tutelage by our tailors. What we hope to achieve by bringing these young apprentices aboard is two fold, to share our passion towards suits with them, and give them an environment where they can grow this passion and hopefully over time bring this trade back to Hong Kong. If you’re ever in Hong Kong, feel free to drop by our store for visit and watch our tailors in action.

Some quick facts and information about what I think sets us apart:
1)
Fabrics: All of our fabrics are quality fabrics and I'm sure you will notice a significant difference between what we have and those offered by other online tailors.
2)
Construction: The construction of our suits are all half canvas on our website and there is an option for full canvas as well for an additional cost. We also offer fused suits for those looking for a slightly cheaper option. Please email us at [email protected] for more details
3)
Virtual Tailor Service: We offer a virtual tailor service where we will setup a video conference and guide you through any questions about measurements.
4)
Stylist: Our Moda Republic stylists will be able to help you locally in your city with measuring and offer you a greater selection of fabric samples to chose from as they will have 6-10 swatch books. Right now we only offer this in Canada (Toronto and Vancouver specifically) but we hope to roll this service out to cities around the world (do email us at [email protected] if you want to be a stylist and earn commissions for your sales).

For those of you interested in ordering from us check out our website via this link for a special discount to members of this forum: http://www.ModaRepublic.com/styleforum

At this time our website only has menswear but for those who are interested in tailored clothing for women, don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at
[email protected] for more details. I look forward to answering your questions and posting images of our items.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

Welcome to Styleforum. It really seems that you've thought things through for your customer. It would be great to see some examples of your work in all your ranges.

Cheers,

Fok.

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you're ever in Hong Kong drop by our store and check out our full selection of suiting fabrics, including brands that we don't offer on our website like Ermenegildo Zegna and Dormeuil. Also come by and watch our tailors in action (the workshop is behind the glass to the left).

Last edited:

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm Alex's brother Chris, we're pretty excited to get things going with everyone here and just wanted to share some photos we have of the tailors at work. Here's a recent piece we worked on, a beautiful blue full canvas Vitale Barberis Canonico suit for a client, and we were able to get a few photos from one of his fittings.

More photos to come soon!

Last edited:

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Gyasih! Look fwd to answering any questions people may have. It's a long weekend here in Hong Kong so we may be slow to update photos. Will be taking pictures of suits, etc from clients over the next few days to let members have a better idea of what we offer.

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to share some images of some special order stuff that we are also able to do. Here's some pictures of a coat we made for a client recently, apologies for the poor quality as we forgot to take pictures so we asked the client to send us pictures of it.
Email us ([email protected]) if interested in this kind of a customized coat!

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will post some images of our tux and suits tmrw as well. Have a great day guys!

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's some pics of our Tuxedo and suit we recently made.
Am interested to hearing what other members of the forum think?

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys here are a few more photos of some details of our clothing :)

We'll have some shirt photos up soon shortly!

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’d like to get things rolling in this thread and get some discussion started by announcing a lucky draw that we’d like to offer to the members of Styleforum. We’d like to offer a half canvas suit for free to one lucky member and entry into the competition is simply posting your ideal suit on this thread. The deadline will be a little more than a month from now (Oct 31, 2013) and we’d also love to see the feedback users here will give other folks on their designs. As a sign of appreciation, we would like to provide some free shirts to the suit design our team decides is second best as well as a gift to users that are active in discussions on our affiliate thread.

The format for entering the competition should be:
1. Specifications of the suit such as the cutting, the type of shoulders (natural or more structured), color of the fabric, lapel width, how many buttons, pocket styles, etc.
2. A reference photo or two so the folks here can get an idea of what you’re thinking of
3. What occasion you have in mind for the suit, your own wedding? A friend’s wedding? Everyday work? Graduation? Prom? Starting a new job? A special event coming up? Let us know to get us excited for your suit!

So what happens after we pick the winner?

We’ll work with the winner to either let them choose from one of the suit fabrics that is already on our website (if it matches close enough to their ideal suit), or the winner can utilize our Find A Fabric service where we’ll help them find a fabric they like. Also if you win but you’re worried about measuring yourself you can use our virtual tailor service to video conference our team for measurement guidance.

Let's get this started and we look forward to seeing what people have in mind!

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’d like to get things rolling in this thread and get some discussion started by announcing a lucky draw that we’d like to offer to the members of Styleforum. We’d like to offer a half canvas suit for free to one lucky member and entry into the competition is simply posting your ideal suit on this thread. The deadline will be a little more than a month from now (Oct 31, 2013) and we’d also love to see the feedback users here will give other folks on their designs. As a sign of appreciation, we would like to provide some free shirts to the suit design our team decides is second best as well as a gift to users that are active in discussions on our affiliate thread.

The format for entering the competition should be:
1. Specifications of the suit such as the cutting, the type of shoulders (natural or more structured), color of the fabric, lapel width, how many buttons, pocket styles, etc.
2. A reference photo or two so the folks here can get an idea of what you’re thinking of
3. What occasion you have in mind for the suit, your own wedding? A friend’s wedding? Everyday work? Graduation? Prom? Starting a new job? A special event coming up? Let us know to get us excited for your suit!

So what happens after we pick the winner?

We’ll work with the winner to either let them choose from one of the suit fabrics that is already on our website (if it matches close enough to their ideal suit), or the winner can utilize our Find A Fabric service where we’ll help them find a fabric they like. Also if you win but you’re worried about measuring yourself you can use our virtual tailor service to video conference our team for measurement guidance.

Let's get this started and we look forward to seeing what people have in mind!

Welcome to SF - nice looking garments.

Thanks for your message TheTukker!

Hey everyone, here is a photo of a suit we made for a client recently. They wanted something unique for wedding shots and so they went for a navy blue with orange checkered suit. I've also included a detail shot of the checks! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Although the jacket isn't shown here, here is the vest and pants of the same 3 piece suit I posted earlier. The client purposely requested no break. Here is one of his pre-wedding photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads