Moda Republic - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alex-ModaR, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Alex-ModaR

Alex-ModaR Affiliate Vendor

Hi plei89, thanks for your submission. I will keep in mind your fabric choices. Just wondering what did you mean by "Measurements in addition to fabric photos". What sort of measurements are you referring to?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

2. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

@Alex-ModaR
    No sir, probably just a grammatical error on my part.

3. plei89

plei89 Senior member

Apologies, scratch that about measurements. I would prefer having more fabric options (with 3D rendering) as opposed to modelling photos.

4. Alex-ModaR

@edwardthefirst No problem thanks!

@plei89 Thanks got that. Just wondering but do you and actually a question for other readers, do you find 3D rendering is useful for suits? or is pictures of the suiting fabric enough?

Thanks

5. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

I don't see the point in 3D rendering, since it's not going to accurately portray anything. The best thing to do is what you'll find on some bespoke tailors' websites. Just show examples of different styles you make, like 2-button, 3-button, 1-button, double-breasted, classic cut, fashion cut. Anderson & Sheppard's suit is a good example:

http://www.anderson-sheppard.co.uk/style/house-style.html

The suits don't even have to be on models. The cut can be seen well on a mannequin, though I'm not sure what to do about trousers. The only good way to show pictures of the suitings is to show close up pictures of them.

6. Alex-ModaR

Hi Matt S, thanks for your feedback. Curious to think what other members think about rendering for suits?
    Do you prefer just seeing the fabric?

Thanks,
    Alex

7. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

Hey Alex,
    Close ups of fabric is definitely great, but I also really like seeing the suit on a model. Provided it is well fitted, that is.

8. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

1. I personally love linen shirts and I think they wear well -- particularly in warmer climates.
    2. Purely from a business perspective I believe you guys could have more blue options -- french navy and maybe a naples blue come to mind.
    3. I think some more fabric choices for shirts would be nice; however, I personally am not a fan of 3D rendering. In fact when I was choosing online shirtmakers to review for my blog, I ended up not bothering with one fairly highly rated site because they have 3D rendering. It looks tacky and I don't believe it is at all representative of the final product.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

9. chengwl

chengwl New Member

Hi I was made aware about this lucky draw from your Facebook page. I'm a big fan of your suits and shirts and have been very happy with the quality. I've bought from your store and now that I'm back home I order online too.

Here's my answers:
    1) I really think the site needs to have more selection. The store has thousands and I think having only 25 shirts is very limiting. I'd like to see a larger selection of white shirts for work
    2) same as above larger selection. I know you guys offer a free service to search for fabrics but it's still better to just see immediately. I'd like more stripe fabrics.
    3) personally I think having the fabrics is enough, the 3d rendering are never accurate.

Thanks!

10. Alex-ModaR

Hi chengwl thanks for your submission, any particular colors for striped suiting fabrics?

11. Alex-ModaR

Hi kayhill, will keep your that in mind regarding the fabrics. For the linen shirts any particular colors you are interested in?
    In regards to no 3D rendering, what do you prefer then, just an image of a fabric? or a product shoot?

12. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Hi Alex,

I think a light blue, white and pink are fairly solid choices for linen fabric.

I think an image of the fabric is good enough along with some examples of products. It doesn't have to be a product shoot for every single fabric; I believe a few other online shirtmakers get away with only have a product shoot for every 10th fabric or so (in a collection of hundreds).

13. Alex-ModaR

Hi Kayhill will keep that in mind for your fabrics. We are currently scanning a bunch so hope to have them up in the next few weeks

14. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

Dear Alex,

My answers are as follows:-

i) I would like to see more fabrics in check pattern. Perhaps you can group them into different categories, say for business and casual, and built them with different collar type to let us have an idea of how the end product would like.

ii) Winter is coming and I surely want to have flannels and tweeds for suit fabric. There would be multiple choices of patterns offered by cloths from Harrison.

iii) We would like to know more about how the cloths will look like when they are made. As such, I would opt for 3D rendering which enable me to have more chance to figure out how the final shirt would like.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

15. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

1. I would like to see 2x2 two ply cotton fabrics with a wide spaced stripe (white and another color, alternating, bengal preferred). I also like mini-check white, and white with a large blue or gray check pattern (I prefer when the blue is very minimal, narrow and clean). I like checks where the box size is an inch or more.
    2. Flannel, chalkstripes!
    3. I prefer more fabric choice. In fact, modeling shirts is not important to me. I do like to see pictures of the fabric constructed into an actual shirt, rather than just a picture of the fabric itself, but the shirt does not need to be modeled on a person. Selection is the most important thing.