Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alex-ModaR, Sep 18, 2013.
Good luck everybody!
Ditto. Good luck to you, sir. And everybody as well :]
Hope everyone can get the prize~~ HAHA
First, thanks for running the contest! Will have to come pay you guys a visit next time I am in Hong Kong, which is hopefully soon. The next suit I am looking to get is a 3-piece in a navy blue, not too dark that it looks black, I want to be able to tell that its blue.
- 2.75" notch lapels with a high gorge.
- 3 roll 2 style, with 4 kissing functional buttons on the sleeves; using some brown horn buttons.
- Pockets would be straight flap, 2 (no ticket pocket).
- A light blue and white checkered lining with some red piping.
- Natural shoulders with light padding.
- double vent
- cell phone pocket (I don’t want it narrow enough so my phone cant fit sideways)
- I would want two clasps
- slim fit tapered down to about 7.5" opening
- I would want it cut so the back is longer than the front. Ideally the back would go halfway down my shoe and the front would have a slight break.
- Add in some little details such as a lining inside the waist to prevent the shirt from slipping and some extra fabric sewed to the bottom of the pant leg to weigh it down a little bit.
- pockets would have to be large enough to fit my hand, some pants ive tried the pockets are really really small.
- 5 buttons
- two pockets
- no lapel
- no adjustment strap on the back.
my hope is that it would be multi-purpose. Can wear it to work or for going out.
^Great classic navy suit. Best of luck to you all, gentlemen!
Hi Yoose thanks for submitting!
So you want a cellphone pocket on the left side but you want to make sure the pocket is wide enough for your phone to also fit sideways?
Hmmm that extra don't crept in. I meant I want it narrow enough do it doesn't fit sideways because for my suits now I put it in the big pocket but when it flips sideways I have to dig for it and it's annoying. Btw does the pricing on your site include in person fitting? I go to Hong Kong sometimes and would be interested in dropping by. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Yoose, our pricing on the website does include in person fitting if you are in our Hong Kong store! Please let us no if you're ever in Hong Kong or feel free to just drop by and have a look, I think you'd be very pleased with the products we put out and for the quality, you'd find the pricing very reasonable.
One of our clients getting fitted for what will become a beautiful half canvas peak lapel tux!
Not sure if submissions are still being allowed but I thought I'd chime in. I've been a long time lurker of this forum and have always admired the time and creativity of everyone here. I've not posted anything because the idea of a fabulous suit feels like it's at least 15 years away for me, but I couldn't turn down the potential prize of a beautiful suit from Moda Republic so I'm making this my first ever post on SF!
1. The look I'm after is something cut slightly trim but not as narrow as the extreme European styles I've seen around. In my imagination, my suit would be a medium gray, herringbone (or gray/blue subtle plaid) fabric, 2 button suit. As much as I love the earth tone fabrics, I don't think they work really well with my skin tone. I don't have the precise verbiage to describe exactly what I'm looking for but I know I'd something with natural/medium structured shoulders and minimal roping. I've not been a fan of peak lapels and would prefer a notched lapel, but would be willing to consider stepping out a bit depending on how peaked it was. My only suit (see below) has a lapel width of about 3.25 inches but it looks bulky and distracting so I think 2.5 - 2.75 is probably more appropriate. I love the idea of kissing surgeon's cuffs but that would serve no other purpose than for my personal enjoyment since. For the pants, I think a double vent would look best since I've found (and my wife always says) that my "seat" is a bit wider than it looks! All my pants are too long and I'd really enjoy something with a quarter-break.
2. I want the suit to fit with a more contemporary cut with traditional features at first glance, but also have a bit of trim, aggressive styling. Perhaps with slanted pockets or some sort of button detail that makes it stand out. These pictures demonstrate the cut and color palate I'd like to incorporate.
3. Just last month, I was notified that I was invited to speak in Florence, Italy to an international research community in the area of reproductive biology scheduled to take place in Florence, Italy in March of 2013. This is one of the first times I've been recognized in this way and, as anyone would, want to look my best. Currently, I only own one suit -- the same black suit I interviewed with to be accepted into medical school nearly 10 years ago! It wasn't until I started lurking in the forums did I realize that many people think that black suits are inappropriate. My office-mate's saw me wear my suit once and suggested that I get him a glass of water because he thinks that "black suits are only for waiters." As much as I would like to change the past, I have the same black suit I wear to weddings and meetings. I cannot, in good conscience, give my presentation in a black suit during the springtime in one of the most fashion forward countries in the world. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to afford a nice custom suit for a while. I'm currently employed as a "clinical fellow" at Duke University in North Carolina. Although I am technically a physician, I am still in training and only this year (nearly 10 years after graduating college) started earning more than a college graduate with a degree in say, engineering. Between my wife and I, our educational loan debt is near $160,000 and will not have any realistic chance of paying this off for another 8-10 years. I am starting my suit search early but would very much like to win this chance and perhaps start my foray into stylish men's fashion with a bang! Of course, I will come back with many pictures of me, my suit and every Italian landmark I can visit!
Happy Halloween! Hope those of you celebrating have a fun time celebrating tonight!
It's been a exciting month full of wonderful designs. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed both designs and discussion to this thread. We used a random generator to come up with the winner and we're happy to announce the following winners:
The first place winner is: facet! Congratulations on the suit! I will personally work with you over the next few days to get this process rolling. Please PM me your email so I can contact you with regards to details and such for the suit!
The second place winner is: Betelgeuse!
The prize for second place is 2 free tailored shirts from Moda Republic. Our staff will work with you to find a fabric that suits you best if there's nothing on our website that suits you.
Congrats, facet and Betelgeuse! I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished products!
At first I was thought to myself.............but on the bright side, facet can show us the product and show off his new suit to us! Congrats, man.
Hey, thanks guys! Yeah, just starting the process rolling with Chris and looking forward to see how things turn out. Will definitely share pics and my experience of the process when it's all done.
Separate names with a comma.