• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone I knew when I was younger moved out of the area. I'm not on facebook or anything like that, so I have no idea what happened to them.
Similar. Area I grew up in has gone through many changes. Nearly everybody lives elsewhere. Where I live now they still know people they went to school with - which is great. I mentioned this to a friend from Wimbledon. We both agreed that will not last much longer and it will soon be all change like the rest of London. I have worked with a few I knew from my youth and school reunions every few years let me keep track but life moves on.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar. Area I grew up in has gone through many changes. Nearly everybody lives elsewhere. Where I live now they still know people they went to school with - which is great. I mentioned this to a friend from Wimbledon. We both agreed that will not last much longer and it will soon be all change like the rest of London. I have worked with a few I knew from my youth and school reunions every few years let me keep track but life moves on.
I suspect that that would be the case in most areas.
When I left home in my early 20s l moved around a bit and came back to area I grew up in just about 19yrs ago . I now live about 500yds from where this lifetime began for me . I realised , a wee while ago that it had changed quite a bit from years ago .
Places are changing all the time , the population has grown by 8 million since the Blair period but most of it is mass immigration.

Inkss

Reaction score
Found this vintage BD shirt and tie combo for sale on ebay.
bdd.jpg

No thanks.
Very Simon Dee/Tommy Tupper.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I mentioned before I had a very similar matching shirt and tie set to that Simon Dee one but mine was in a pale green confection. It would have been around the same time (1969 - 1970 ish). I got a Tootal tie as a present in a similar green and yellow colour scheme but satin in bright almost neon colours that I used to swap in to wear with the shirt.
I don’t know if it was by accident or design but my older brother had the same set which I inherited a few years later and was definitely still wearing on the junior school around 1975 just to keep the psychedelic party going a bit longer!!

Aah the reckless abandon of youth!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing some film of the Small Faces playing and Kenney Jones was wearing something similar, in bright pink, with his large tie knotted but sat inside his shirt collar rather than the conventional way. That must have been the death knell of the Small Faces as stylish lads and in no time you were seeing Marriott in a psychedelic paisley patterned one piece bell bottom jump suit.

Inkss

Reaction score
Found this original 60s covered-plackett BD for sale on ebay
bd2.jpg

Seller wants £100+ for it.
Not for me in that condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads