• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
Bought this on a whim :
berry3.jpg

berry.jpg

It was new old stock and only £2.50/$3.25
Unfortunately, with my mug, not a good look.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the outfit didn't cost a massive amount in all honesty, the suit was only 40 quid about for an old 70s tailored suit and the old made in uk tie was only 50p from the local charity, also wearing a pair of mie army oxford shoes which only cost 20 quid. The waistcoat isn't matched perfect with the suit but its better than the black one i had.
Yup . .I'd call that a Bargain . .the best you've ever had . .?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember when workmen used to dig up the road and put up those weird little red and white striped tents about the size of a phone box over the hole?

They used to be a convenient cover for police surveillance. After The Sweeney made liberal use of them in the TV show the real scuffers were pissed off as they could no longer be used for their purposes.

0:06

Inkss

Reaction score
I was pleasantly suprised. I know they're gonna be a bastard to break in.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those soles remind me of a pair of RAF issue flying boots my dad had which appeared to be unworn as they had the same pristine green sole.
These were odd looking boots as they weren’t like you’d think military boots looked. More like a heavy black leather shoe with a mid calf length boot ‘collar’ sewn into the edge of the shoe. I assumed the idea was if you were shot down you could rip out the leather collar and wear them as normal looking derby shoes but if thats the case I’m not sure what advantage the collar had. Usually military gear has purposeful form follows function design
I seem to remember my dad saying he never went in for all that and usually flew in flight suit and gym shoes. I still have his original black overalls from ‘HM Suppliers’ Austin Reed, and his slate grey broad arrow flight suit which must have superseded that and has the map pocket on the knee etc. He always said he never liked leather jackets so if he ever had a sheepskin Irvin I never saw it and there’s no sign of one in any of the photos I have of him. Shame as I would have loved one of them. A lad I knew when I was a youngun, his Dad had also been in the RAF and often wore his Irvin in the cold months when he came to watch the school footy team.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads