• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Would it be blasphemy to wear this Wrangler jacket with Levis or do I have to get myself a pair of wranglers?
IMG_20191114_001743461.jpg

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
How short is the jacket? i find higher waisted wranglers look better with the shorter wrangler cord jackets

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I like that colour, and it goes well with blue jeans. .
. .anyway, hows the leg and the scooter. .
Leg is healing, had surgery a month ago, still can't walk but I've got amazing friends and family helping me out. Thanks for asking.
The coppers stole my bike and took it to a tow lot. The lot was charging so much for me to get it out I couldn't afford it so I told my mate who owns the local vintage scooter repair shop he could have it if he wanted to pay to get it out. He did. So maybe he'll sell it back to me some day if I get the money and he hasn't used it for parts. But I think I might just wait and get a P200 or a Bella when I can afford it. I've got criminal charges coming against me for riding an unregistered vehicle. Court in December. The cops didn't even know it wasn't a moped til they started digging around in the glove box to find the license plate I foolishly left there for years. When I crashed, I begged the lady that saw me not to call the cops. I told her I was fine and that I had someone that could help me get to the hospital and pick up my bike. Some people are so full of fear and really think that the police are angels or something.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Really nice colour, mate. Wear with whatever you want - I often wear my Lee trucker jacket with Levis.
A friend of mine from Ireland was telling me that in the 70s everyone had a denim jacket and no matter what brand someone had they called it a Wrangler jacket.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be blasphemy to wear this Wrangler jacket with Levis or do I have to get myself a pair of wranglers? View attachment 1278979
I've got a similar colour cord Lee trucker and wear it with Levis. Still got this mod hang up that I can only wear Levi jeans, a bit daft but we all have our own preferences.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I've got a similar colour cord Lee trucker and wear it with Levis. Still got this mod hang up that I can only wear Levi jeans, a bit daft but we all have our own preferences.
There were a few brands made here in Massachusetts during the 60s such as Madewell and Dubbleware that used some great selvedge denim and had a really impeccable fit. I'd be happy to find a pair. They're probably priceless though. Foremost was a Sears brand that made really cool jeans too. It's a bloody shame what manufacturers have done to the rise and crotch length of jeans now. Also this skinny jeans thing seams to still be going in the mainstream. I thought it would have gone away by now..

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leg is healing, had surgery a month ago, still can't walk but I've got amazing friends and family helping me out. Thanks for asking.
The coppers stole my bike and took it to a tow lot. The lot was charging so much for me to get it out I couldn't afford it so I told my mate who owns the local vintage scooter repair shop he could have it if he wanted to pay to get it out. He did. So maybe he'll sell it back to me some day if I get the money and he hasn't used it for parts. But I think I might just wait and get a P200 or a Bella when I can afford it. I've got criminal charges coming against me for riding an unregistered vehicle. Court in December. The cops didn't even know it wasn't a moped til they started digging around in the glove box to find the license plate I foolishly left there for years. When I crashed, I begged the lady that saw me not to call the cops. I told her I was fine and that I had someone that could help me get to the hospital and pick up my bike. Some people are so full of fear and really think that the police are angels or something.
Wow , not so good lvyskin.
The last time l had an incident on the bike , a guy came out of his house and said 'do you want me to get an ambulance' , to which l said yes and then added , 'can you call the cops too ' because it was the other guys fault.
I was carted off in the ambulance before the cops came .
Couple of days later l got out of hospital , went around to the cop shop and it turned out they had done nothing because ' we didn't know you were injured' . It turned out they were pals with the guy who hit me.
Good luck in court , l do hope it goes well for you .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine from Ireland was telling me that in the 70s everyone had a denim jacket and no matter what brand someone had they called it a Wrangler jacket.
Yeah , l always knew it as a Wrangler jacket even if it was a superior Levi's jacket.
For me , calling it a trucker jacket is probably something l first heard in the 90's . If you did wear a Wrangler jacket back in the day ,there was also a danger that someone would say ' do you think you are a wee hard man ?'

Ah , how our language has changed over the decades. .

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Wow , not so good lvyskin.
The last time l had an incident on the bike , a guy came out of his house and said 'do you want me to get an ambulance' , to which l said yes and then added , 'can you call the cops too ' because it was the other guys fault.
I was carted off in the ambulance before the cops came .
Couple of days later l got out of hospital , went around to the cop shop and it turned out they had done nothing because ' we didn't know you were injured' . It turned out they were pals with the guy who hit me.
Good luck in court , l do hope it goes well for you .
ACAB
It's this kind of thing that has lead me to identify as an anarchist/voluntaryist. There is no such thing as a free society when there is government, government and police pretty much imply corruption. But I will do my best to be humble and take whatever they dish out in court.

Thanks brother

Newton heath

Reaction score
I had a lee cooper cord jacket late sixties ,only cos my mates dad sold them of the back of a lorry , they were actually quite good apart from the colour which was beige but beggars can’t be choosers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads