• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vivo make a kit that can turn a PX/LML into a 60s GS lookalike.

Looks good, just been on the website, I have thought about this in the past, why someone hasn't made a modern copy.
I think if I was thinking about buying another scooter, that would be the way to go, vintage looks but with modern tech and reliability. The scooter purists would obviously scoff at the idea, but i've suffered too much over the years with my vintage scoots breaking down.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve also preferred full mudguards on mine
Another trend I remember was to remove the Vespa mudguard and then fit a Lambretta one in its place with some filler and plastic padding to blend it in . Getting the 'blend' right was the tricky bit and when painted could look quite good but again , not something I ever contemplated myself. .

Not the best example but here you go. .

Vespa-PX-rat-rod.jpg

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
That specials decal is tacky as owt, awful. The other one looks like it has been through ww3

Inkss

Reaction score
Is that a front mudguard from a 'J' on that PX ?
A lad round our way had a Lammy 'J' mudguard on a small-frame Vespa (90ss I think) Not sure how much fettling and filling was needed.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That specials decal is tacky as owt, awful. The other one looks like it has been through ww3
As I said not the best example . I don't think l ever saw such a rusty old hulk as that one in my life before

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a front mudguard from a 'J' on that PX ?
A lad round our way had a Lammy 'J' mudguard on a small-frame Vespa (90ss I think) Not sure how much fettling and filling was needed.
Not 100% sure to be honest but I'd say series 3 Lambretta . In more recent times l have seen ones for sale that were made from plastic . Going by the rust , obviously not that one . .lol
That PX is a bit of a hotchpotch. I can't recall seeing one on a small frame but obviously it has been done . I used to know a guy who raced small frame Vespa's pricipally because they were lighter , he was a great source of engine upgrades. .

andyf

Reaction score
I remember two skinheads that lived opposite me doing that to their scooters around 1970, them having sharp edges or something, finished off with a fairly horrible yellow (and blue?) paint job. They didn't seem to have them for long.
I remember two skinheads that lived opposite me doing that to their scooters around 1970, them having sharp edges or something, finished off with a fairly horrible yellow (and blue?) paint job. They didn't seem to have them for long.
[/QUOT
Looks good, just been on the website, I have thought about this in the past, why someone hasn't made a modern copy.
I think if I was thinking about buying another scooter, that would be the way to go, vintage looks but with modern tech and reliability. The scooter purists would obviously scoff at the idea, but i've suffered too much over the years with my vintage scoots breaking down.
nice isn’t it. There’s always the very popular GTS I had a couple recently. Full auto, still look fairly Retro. Ride a treat

andyf

Reaction score
As I said not the best example . I don't think l ever saw such a rusty old hulk as that one in my life before
It’s probably not rusty. Mock rust paint job. I’ve seen a few like this

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice isn’t it. There’s always the very popular GTS I had a couple recently. Full auto, still look fairly Retro. Ride a treat
Scomadi is the way to go.
I wish they would hurry up and get distribution over here.

As they were developing their scoots they fell out with the factory in Asia which continued to build them anyway under a different name. They finally settled their differences and I see that Royal Alloy - similar to the Scomadis - now have distribution over here but at a quick glance they don’t seem as good.

Lambretta themselves untangled the labyrinth of name ownership and had a big countdown to reveal their newest creation but it looks to me that scomadi have already outpaced them.

andyf

Reaction score
The only thing that comes to mind is.....why. Unless they want it look like something out of mad max(actually mad max scooter gang would be pretty cool)
Don’t really know. But as I say I’ve seen a few on rally photos recently. It’s not a paint job I consider either.

Attachments

• 2B5C4406-3E2F-4642-BCED-827CE64973AF.jpeg
    2B5C4406-3E2F-4642-BCED-827CE64973AF.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 390DEF0B-FEFA-452B-935E-81FFC9B2E72A.jpeg
    390DEF0B-FEFA-452B-935E-81FFC9B2E72A.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 28
  • FAA3F720-10AE-4726-A045-B00887FE5ECE.jpeg
    FAA3F720-10AE-4726-A045-B00887FE5ECE.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 30
  • B2FC5294-583C-4619-A443-AD530DA8592B.jpeg
    B2FC5294-583C-4619-A443-AD530DA8592B.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 32

andyf

Reaction score

As they were developing their scoots they fell out with the factory in Asia which continued to build them anyway under a different name. They finally settled their differences and I see that Royal Alloy - similar to the Scomadis - now have distribution over here but at a quick glance they don’t seem as good.

Lambretta themselves untangled the labyrinth of name ownership and had a big countdown to reveal their newest creation but it looks to me that scomadi have already outpaced them.

These Vespa GTS are great. Been around around a decade now. I’ve had 2. And they look fairly retro too.
3282E567-6329-4C4F-A210-FFD0B7433E12.jpeg

Attachments

• E25492E5-BC9A-4F31-8ECD-18066CAFB7C5.jpeg
    E25492E5-BC9A-4F31-8ECD-18066CAFB7C5.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 67

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads