• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I got this 60s one from the shop. But must be strictly American. The mud gaurd was removed in an act of inebriated peer pressure many years ago. But I'm pretty happy with the sport guard that's on it now

Natty Pinstripe

Reaction score
The Saint, I forgot about the fluffy white lining. If I can now remember correctly they first appeared in London as a girls fashion company denim item in the early 70's. They probably nicked the idea from Levis, but I'm not sure Levis offered that for sale in London

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Do any originals in here remember if flannel lined denim jackets were a thing in England during the first wave?

Got this cool 60s flannel lined Levi's jacket. Wearing it with Levi's sta-prest cords. View attachment 1243590

Not a bad look, always thought flat caps work well with trucker jackets, much more than cowboy hats and other stereo-typically western items, your hat and trucker reminds me of Charlie Bronson(sans the tache) in Mr Majestyk(a good thing!)

1.jpg

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Saint, I forgot about the fluffy white lining. If I can now remember correctly they first appeared in London as a girls fashion company denim item in the early 70's. They probably nicked the idea from Levis, but I'm not sure Levis offered that for sale in London
I reckon l saw my first one in a Levis outlet somewhere in California .
Surprisingly enough, the Levi's l used to buy that were made Stateside never seemed to last , they always seemed to just fall apart compared to the bulk of my Levi's purchases that have been bought in dear old Blighty. .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start of a cutdown very popular during late 60s as well.
I liked the cut downs but it is something l wouldn't have indulged in personally. I liked the mirrors thing too but never indulged in that much either , all a bit indulgent l suppose.
Of course back in the day these things were generally trends.
What l did like to indulge in was engine improvements that gave positively more thrust and reliability, loved that. .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually let the guy cut it off with a saw ???‍♂️
It was certainly done back in the day and that small guard is bound to be lighter but I'm more of a full on mud guard guy.
There are only 3 bolts holding it on but l reckon the hydraulic brake is the prob because with the cable brake you could have it off the scooter and back together in 10 mins easy. .

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start of a cutdown very popular during late 60s as well.

I remember two skinheads that lived opposite me doing that to their scooters around 1970, them having sharp edges or something, finished off with a fairly horrible yellow (and blue?) paint job. They didn't seem to have them for long.

andyf

Reaction score
It was certainly done back in the day and that small guard is bound to be lighter but I'm more of a full on mud guard guy.
There are only 3 bolts holding it on but l reckon the hydraulic brake is the prob because with the cable brake you could have it off the scooter and back together in 10 mins easy. .
I’ve also preferred full mudguards on mine

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I remember two skinheads that lived opposite me doing that to their scooters around 1970, them having sharp edges or something, finished off with a fairly horrible yellow (and blue?) paint job. They didn't seem to have them for long.
Might of been nicked?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads