• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Gsvs5

Reaction score

Great website with a treasure trove of photos I’ve never seen before,documenting the 64-68 period in and around Nottingham mods scene.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brilliant find indeed. I remember gazing at young women like this when I was fourteen and heaving a sigh that I was too young and couldn't buy groovy gear on my pocket money! :confused:;)

mod girls 1.jpg

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I wish women dressed like that now.

Some of the thing described what they did with there suits sounds a bit daft imo today, oneupmanship imo is not always a good thing when taken to the extreme, reminds me of a certain picture of a jacket posted on here with about 10 ticket pockets, looked ridiculous.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish women dressed like that now.

Some of the thing described what they did with there suits sounds a bit daft imo today, oneupmanship imo is not always a good thing when taken to the extreme, reminds me of a certain picture of a jacket posted on here with about 10 ticket pockets, looked ridiculous.

Hear, hear. The closest thing for us over here is the well-dressed women taking the bus downtown to the office in the mornings. Some incredibly well turned-out chicks. Really puts a spring in your step at 7:00 AM heading out ?

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brilliant find indeed. I remember gazing at young women like this when I was fourteen and heaving a sigh that I was too young and couldn't buy groovy gear on my pocket money! :confused:;)

View attachment 1241189
Indeed, the women always seemed to look fabulous in those old photos. Nowadays, if you did see a woman dressed like that she'd probably be wearing a pair of trainers. .

Bela Kun

Reaction score
I don’t crop my hair anymore, I always cut it in a 6-3-1 so it’s short and neat.

I went for 7-3-2, which is a slightly shorter version of the Ivy League cut. Got it done yesterday and I'm very happy with it, it was worth the wait.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was an 8 6 4 for decades. Now the 8 has abandoned me so it's 2 2 2, shorter than it ever was when I was a skinhead!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads