• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does look like the Yorkster got a bargain , a bargain indeed. .
Jigsaw is a shop that I only go in with the other half, they also had castener espadrille type boots and sanders

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jigsaw is a shop that I only go in with the other half, they also had castener espadrille type boots and sanders
I don't know where my nearest store is ,Yorky .
I have just recently came back from Italy where by and large , the Italian dresses far better than your average Britisher ( l never understand the British obsession with trainers). I visited a few gentlemen's outfitters and saw some great gear.
However, l think to a large extent l have been spoiled by TKmaxx.
On the last day of my visit, l did end up in an old fashioned type shirt emporium that is still selling all its shirts in boxes
Got a lovely fitting ,3 finger collar, long sleeve shirt of great quality made in Italy. .fits a treat

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Interesting, but more details and pics would be nice. Take the Farah ones for example: I can't even tell from the pics what pockets they have. What are the flat measurements (rise, thigh, actual waist, etc)? I know it's a pain esp when you're selling loads, but would seriously help.
Good point, I'll get more detailed pics for things I post. Got some nice Deadstock black sta prest coming up

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, but more details and pics would be nice. Take the Farah ones for example: I can't even tell from the pics what pockets they have. What are the flat measurements (rise, thigh, actual waist, etc)? I know it's a pain esp when you're selling loads, but would seriously help.
Personnally , I find the postage quite fierce , especially when you have customs duty on top of that and then Royal Mail handling charge on top of that . .

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Personnally , I find the postage quite fierce , especially when you have customs duty on top of that and then Royal Mail handling charge on top of that . .
Got any ideas about how to make the shipping cheaper?

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out Ben Sherman's Archive line? If so, what do you think? Is the collar on point? How about the fabric? I'm assuming it's probably cheap..

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out Ben Sherman's Archive line? If so, what do you think? Is the collar on point? How about the fabric? I'm assuming it's probably cheap..

The fabric is nice but the collars are pretty small, the shirts from art gallery clothing are much better and cheaper at 50 quid when the archive shirts are not on sale.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got any ideas about how to make the shipping cheaper?
I don't know what your costs are. What l do know is , I recently got some engineering components sent from the States that cost $44 plus $25 for postage . Before Royal Mail would even think of delivery l had to pay a further £17 for customs and Royal Mail handling charge. I had no choice because the components are only available from the US. With the current exchange rate , postage and tax l end paying almost double the original value of the product. .

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Anyone got an idea what these type of glasses are called(apart from ugly)

9909894c0b8ab54ea10bbf8a134691ba.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads