• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about that practice now (the removal of boots) , it sounds like a breach of human rights . What authority did the police have to do that. .

Back in those days the police could pretty much do what they wanted, and sod your human rights. If you objected they'd get you on something else, something petty like 'threatening behaviour' or some such.

I remember on a trip to London in 67, I tagged on the end of an anti-Vietnam-War march and had a Met peeler treading on my heels all the way, daring me to react.

Inkss

Reaction score
The Met was bloody awful back then. The Special Patrol Group was full of blokes like Billyboy, Dim and Constable Savage, and the corruption at the Vice and Flying Squads made Serpico look like Heartbeat.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in those days the police could pretty much do what they wanted, and sod your human rights. If you objected they'd get you on something else, something petty like 'threatening behaviour' or some such.

I remember on a trip to London in 67, I tagged on the end of an anti-Vietnam-War march and had a Met peeler treading on my heels all the way, daring me to react.
I recall a trip to Yarmouth with some lads and lassies from Notts. There was a small group about 50yds behind us and as l looked around one of the lads had stopped to tie his laces.
We kept walking but a guy in our group shouted because the lad who had stopped to tie his laces got lifted by cops in a van , his girl was lucky to not go with him for protesting his innocence. .

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Yell, 11 Feb 1970

cop.jpg

andyf

Reaction score
1] I was refused entry to Dreamland in Margate because I had boots on. I went to a local beach shop and bought a pair of flip-flops, and carried my boots in a poly bag. It didn't worry me one bit, and it didn't worry my girlfriend.

2] It occurs to me that a couple of years previously, in Blackpool, some lads occasionally wore Scholls. But it wasn't a major thing by any means.
I went to a Chelsea match with a mate back in 82. Police made me take laces out of boots.
On the way to a gig we all got arrested off the train. Copper said take yer fakkin boots off. I huffed and puffed a bit and he said “don’t fakkin huff me curly!”

Inkss

Reaction score
Got these prest trousers for £10/$12.50 :

mshop1.jpg

mshop2.jpg

mshop3.jpg

100% cotton and made by Modshopping, which I think is based in Thailand.
Hopefully they're better quality than Relco/Warrior, but for a tenner I'm not expecting too much on the quality front. Worth a punt though, and they do seem to have a decent rise.

Inkss

Reaction score
A few interesting pics here taken at the now legendary Scene club circa 1964. View attachment 1194937
View attachment 1194936 View attachment 1194939 View attachment 1194938

Pic 1 membership card

Pic 2 lad wearing monkey/surfer jacket

Pic 3 lass doing the block and lad in the cycling top is Mickey Tenner a regular dancer on Ready Steady Go.

Pic 4 interior shot with the Animals on the stage

Facsimile of the 'P' shirt for sale
pscene.jpg

pshirt.JPG

Quite a few other interesting tees and sweatshirt from the seller.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1206130
View attachment 1206131
View attachment 1206132

Hopefully they're better quality than Relco/Warrior, but for a tenner I'm not expecting too much on the quality front. Worth a punt though, and they do seem to have a decent rise.

I have an occasional butchers at their site @Inkss but have never pulled the trigger on anything. Hard to tell the quality of their tackle. I’ve seen those sta pressts and was always a bit puzzled that they were 100 percent cotton - so sta presst or chino? Worth a punt for a tenner like.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score

View attachment 1206130
View attachment 1206131
View attachment 1206132

I saw those meself and tempted to buy, they were a 36 though and im back to being a 34, were too short too. Got some dark grey made in england 100 polysester trousers today from a charity shop for 2 quid, have a real nice crease and dont look cheap like polyester trousers usually do.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I have an occasional butchers at their site @Inkss but have never pulled the trigger on anything. Hard to tell the quality of their tackle. I’ve seen those sta pressts and was always a bit puzzled that they were 100 percent cotton - so sta presst or chino? Worth a punt for a tenner like.

I got a check suit jacket from them back in 17, it was really nice quality but unfortunately a bit small for me so i sold it on. perhaps best to size up.

Clyde

Reaction score
I suspect those Sta-Prest won't last long... but someone has to be the first to try. Levi's had a sale on their 502 Sta-prest, not any left on their site but it looks like a ebay reseller has them here a $20... regularly $80 I think.

Also some Gant Yale Co-op Gant shirts on ebay at the moment (I should know they are mine) really nice collar roll. If you bid or win, let me know you're on here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads