• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a coffee-coloured jacket in an Italian lightweight barleycorn wool/linen mix fabric for £25.
Probably gonna change the buttons to lighter coloured horn ones. Lapels a bit too wide, but apart from that, can't complain.
View attachment 1201321

Looks very like one I picked up from the Sally Army shop here - an M&S Italian range jacket.

Inkss

Reaction score
Saw an ice-blue M&S italian-range mohair three-button suit in a charity shop up near my mate's house. It was in immaculate condition, and as reasonably priced as rice. The jacket fitted me perfectly, which was a first. It meant it had to have been tailored at some point, because you can't buy off-the-peg for my frame outside of Bolivia.
The trousers were bloody pleated though. Untailorably pleated. I don't think the jacket would have worked as a separate. Pisser.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At £59 (unfinished) these are a bargain for something about as close as you will get to ice blue stapress

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Imo I find 100 percent cotton trousers don't keep a crease very well, needs a bit of poly fabric to be sure.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard starch is a pain *********** and can destroy trousers, personally i just wear terylene and permanent press jobbers.

Nahh, it’s literally corn starch(you can make it with household ingredients), spray it in the inside of the trouser crease. Iron it dry and you’ll have razor-sharp creases. Yeah it won’t hold quite like mixed-fabric creases, but you’ll be much more comfortable.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Watched a newly restored version of 'Jaws' at the cinema on 4th July and noticed many things that bypassed me as a kid. The fact that Mayor Larry Vaughn's tasteful combo comprises a shirt with a 3 or 4-finger button down collar, for example. I'm not sure how to describe the suit. 1562283023282.png

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage new old stock Kings Rd four finger BD by Sears for sale on US ebay.
Works out to £27 delivered to the UK.
Too small for myself and my thick neck.
View attachment 1193295
View attachment 1193296
View attachment 1193298

‘Four finger’ button down?

That’s a new term. They used to be called spearpoint button down. There was no collar roll.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, the Friday Challenge 'Military Inspired' poll is now open:

Inkss

Reaction score
Watched a newly restored version of 'Jaws' at the cinema on 4th July and noticed many things that bypassed me as a kid. The fact that Mayor Larry Vaughn's tasteful combo comprises a shirt with a 3 or 4-finger button down collar, for example. I'm not sure how to describe the suit. View attachment 1202050

I think it's from the 'Beach Bastard' collection, by Bill Blass

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics