• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
The original vs the new one
IMG_20190529_092001846~2.jpg
IMG_20190607_233702936~2.jpg

I think I like the original better but I'm not sure

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
The original from the late 60's early 70s looks like it has seen better days a bit. time to retire that old geezer i think. The lower seconf button looks more comfortable too.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, you may be interested in the Friday Challenge 'Spring Jackets', the poll for which has just, rather belatedly, gone up:

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sole of one of my Solovair boots is coming away. Any recommendations? Should a High Street cobbler be able to fix it?

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got some pics of that Real Hoxton London monkey jacket. Gotta say, I like the quality. The outer, instead of satin-type shiny stuff, is a cotton twill. Typical elasticated cuffs and hem, maroon tonic viscose or some such lining inside. Hilarious part is the “designed in England” tag(Baracuta ripoff), but the fit is good and it’s warm enough for a cool day or night. Not slim-fitting for its size. I’m 5’10”, 13 stone, athletic build and took the size Large— though I could have got a Medium for a slimmer fit. Definitely a little bit market-stall/Sherry’s style quality but it looks good and fits well so screw it!

I’m not the best photographer, but you get the idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads