• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sixties(i think) suit, wish the shoulders were a bit narrower but oh well.
View attachment 1917807
Shoulders don’t look bad on that pic. That’s what they’d call “drape” over on CM!😁.

Talking of drape, strides appear to fit well and drape very nicely.

I realize it may be part of your ‘look’ but IMO you’d improve this exponentially by doing your collar and tie up properly, ditching the waistcoat and swapping out those clodhoppers for a decent pair of shoes. Boots may be your thing and they have their place but this suit deserves better.

northernbloke12345

Reaction score
Yeah the more tapered trousers would look better with shoes, i always wear waistcoats though, got a practical use plus keep you warm in the winter, in the summer i wont wear it, i got the tie habit from here haha.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New podcast just dropped! Tracks by Booker T, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, The Olympics, Soul Duo, Sam Cooke, Johnnie Taylor, James Carr, and many more. Plus blues from Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown and Willie Dixon, and an off-the-wall novelty track from Rene Hall. Tune in and boost me up the 1960s chart on Mixcloud!

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And yet another podcast! The first five minutes are fraught with technical difficulties - not least of all Kate's microphone not working! - but eventually we get going properly. Another hour of STAR Radio’s ‘Soul Shack’, with your DJ Doctor PT, spinning tracks by Aretha Franklin, The Isley Brothers, Sam and Dave, Jr. Walker and the All Stars, Clarence Carter, Billy Preston, and others. Plus studio guest Kate Mowbray’s picks by Nina Simone, Millie Jackson, Minnie Ripperton, and OutKast.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me and the old bloke.

Wool thermal Barracutta G9, 501’s, Novesta high tops.
48C04BE2-305C-4834-91B1-3F2CC15DF322.jpeg

Inkss

Reaction score
Is that a Black Watch tartan Yorky ?

Swampster

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything decent in TK Maxx for a while now. You always seem to get good stuff in yours.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another podcast!
One hour plus of solid gold Soul Music from the 1960s, brought to you from sunny St Andrews by your DJ Doctor PT. Tracks include numbers by Phil Upchurch, Robert Knight, The Capitols, Doris Troy, Marvin Gaye, Brenton Wood, Bob & Earl, Archie Bell, Billy Butler, and Hank Jacobs. Plus a little insight into the origins of Jamaican Ska, and a couple of versions of 'Born Under A Bad Sign' sung by William Bell.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some absolute bangers this week M-o-M. That Johnny Hallyday cover was surpisingly 'alright'. The missus loved the Billy Stewart version of Summertime, and she's a big fan of the Nina Simone version.
Top work Doc.
Hey! Mercy bo-coo! :)

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another podcast!
This is ‘Soul Shack’ – the weekly show for solid gold Soul Music, brought to you by STAR Radio in sunny St. Andrews. This week on Soul Shack we feature 23 relentless Northern Soul 45s, spun by your DJ Doctor PT. Featured artists include Frankie Valli, Edwin Starr, Marvin Gaye, Rita & the Tiaras, Shirley Ellis, Sam Dees, Don Thomas, Inez & Charlie Foxx, and many more.

DavidWatts69

Reaction score
Yay, Northern Soul!
Little anecdote of mine: I'm a pretty helpless dancer (Quadrophenia reference) and went to a soul/disco night a few weeks ago, well guess what? My ****** "Northern Soul" moves made a load of people compliment me on my dancing even though it was clunky as hell. I suppose there's an advantage to dancing being pretty much dead among young people apart from the jumping club thing that you could barely call a dance.

What would have made me be the laugh of the night in the heyday of the culture made me a star that night.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yay, Northern Soul!
Little anecdote of mine: I'm a pretty helpless dancer (Quadrophenia reference) and went to a soul/disco night a few weeks ago, well guess what? My ****** "Northern Soul" moves made a load of people compliment me on my dancing even though it was clunky as hell. I suppose there's an advantage to dancing being pretty much dead among young people apart from the jumping club thing that you could barely call a dance.

What would have made me be the laugh of the night in the heyday of the culture made me a star that night.
I was actually bouncing around the studio today as I made that programme. Until I remembered my hernia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics