• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Price is ridiculous.
Sta-prest were cheap pants, and those are the same. They were around 100 francs (or cheaper) here in the 80s (that's €15).
They (LVC) sold another repro last year, but with a jeans cut and shape, and at a ridiculous price too.
Now, if they find people stupid enough to buy them.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Price is ridiculous.
Sta-prest were cheap pants, and those are the same. They were around 100 francs (or cheaper) here in the 80s (that's €15).
They (LVC) sold another repro last year, but with a jeans cut and shape, and at a ridiculous price too.
Now, if they find people stupid enough to buy them.
It probably costs a lot to make them in such small batches with a pattern they haven't used in so long they needed to get it recut and graded. When I was having small batches made in New York I had to charge about the same. It's the cost of globalization.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It probably costs a lot to make them in such small batches with a pattern they haven't used in so long they needed to get it recut and graded. When I was having small batches made in New York I had to charge about the same. It's the cost of globalization.
This is way too expensive for « man made fiber ».
They (LVC) did one a few years ago in cord (said to be the very first one - don’t know if it is true) that has a good cut, frogmouth pocket, that wasn’t as expensive then, and that I was lucky to find at 50% off. Probably put some pictures here back then. Nice material that doesn’t make you sweat.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed those teal blue ones a few days ago. Nice colour but weird that they aren’t available on the US site. And the neck end of $200 for poly cotton strides is taking the piss just a bit! I’m not a fan of frogmouth pockets either. If I came across a pair on sale I might be tempted but I’m not jumping on this one right now. I got a pair of jeans style light beige Levi’s Sta press NOS recently for $50.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still having some sunny days Up North, but getting colder, and so it’s time to break out the Shetland wool jumpers.
38557802-F71B-4505-A787-FE78EFF4188C.jpeg

Jamiesons sweater, RL field type jacket, 501’s, Sanders chukka’s.
45092566-0CF5-4C70-BA59-1B008962E304.jpeg

Baracuta G9, Jamiesons sweater, Novesta Hi tops.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Still having some sunny days Up North, but getting colder, and so it’s time to break out the Shetland wool jumpers. View attachment 1836593
View attachment 1836592
Everything looks great Yorky, I really dig those white hi tops though.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Still having some sunny days Up North, but getting colder, and so it’s time to break out the Shetland wool jumpers. View attachment 1836593
View attachment 1836592
These are the only Shetland jumpers I got. It's still 85°f, so if I put one on I'd probably pass out.
20220927_182500.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads