• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Found a pair of deadstock/NOS 'chefs' trews for £8 (including postage) so I thought I'd take a cheapwad gamble on them. I was looking for some Nomex trousers when I found them.
They weren't the usual 'could double up as a chessboard' big check pants, more gingham.
The usual 'very utilitarian and basic' construction, but I've had dress pants that have been worse.
View attachment 1801188
Need taking-in as a bit wide in the leg (which will cost more than the initial purchase), but with a 13.5-inch rise and a fabric that'll hold a crease once I bother to get the iron out, they'll make a decent cheapskate sta-prest alternative.
I come across nomex pants all the time, mostly in navy blue. I've picked up a pair for work before but thier very rigid and don't breath at all so I don't wear them often.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Found deez at da swap meet wit all kinda cool vintage details
20220611_122104.jpg
20220611_121751.jpg

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys (still) have a scooter? I'd love to see them
Got rid of my last Lammy about 15 years ago, a Series 2 TV175, fully restored with all the embellishments. I wish that I’d kept it but I wasn’t using it anymore.
Thinking about getting a Royal Alloy, mostly for reliability but still retaining some of the classic looks.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got rid of my last Lammy about 15 years ago, a Series 2 TV175, fully restored with all the embellishments. I wish that I’d kept it but I wasn’t using it anymore.
Thinking about getting a Royal Alloy, mostly for reliability but still retaining some of the classic looks.
I had been watching Scomadi for ages but it seems they buggered up their manufacturing contract and the factory rebadged as Royal Alloy and stole a march in their marketing, hooking up with Genuine Scooters for distribution who used to do the Stella Vespa PX clones.

There’s supposed to be a RA dealer not far from me and I keep meaning to go down and have a look. The problem I have is that they only market the 150cc over here. You’d think in america where everything is supposed to be bigger and better they’d have had the new 300s out sharpish. I’m trying to be patient but would love a 300cc RA GT. They also do a Series 2 style but I never liked the bloated side panels and bulbous mudguard.

I’m not in the least bit a gear head so welcome the 1960s SX appearance with modern engines, injectors, suspension, four stroke etc. - same way if I had silly money I’d get one of those rebuilt E type jags with all mod cons - best of both worlds with sexy styling but up to date workings.

I would use a scooter too - odd jobs around the neighbourhood, nipping over to the beach for a swim, going to the gym, etc so it wouldn’t be completely gathering dust in the garage. Wish they would hurry up.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
I seen this photo marked that these cats was from Brixton in 1968.
106777043_2624900681064809_3631598631933957030_n.jpg
I don't recall this photo from previous posts, but I started reading this thread in like 2014, a few years after the fact and some of the photos where unavailable to view.

Inkss

Reaction score
Was that originally a black and white photo ?

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Was that originally a black and white photo ?
Yes. The caption said it was colorized by Daniel Camilo. I don't know how that type of colorization works, but those look like great 60s Ivy League color combos.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads