• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Reggae Mike

Reaction score

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
MoM, have you ever heard Mungos Hi Fi? They are the champion reggae sound system in Scotland 100%

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
16427350400938521570635662852798.jpg
Bought this for $10 at the BB outlet. In San Diego we have one at both North and South ends and a regular BB store in La Jolla, but no Ivy Leauge schools.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's them. Wilson Pickett got in on that one too. I knew there was that Kenner original, but I don't think I've ever listened to it. The Pickett version is the one I'm used to.
My fave Wilson Pickett song Is Let me be your boy, used to play it a lot when I DJayed. Just suffering in bed at the moment with my second case of Covid, much worse than the first.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
My fave Wilson Pickett song Is Let me be your boy, used to play it a lot when I DJayed. Just suffering in bed at the moment with my second case of Covid, much worse than the first.
Cheers mate. I had my first case of Covid for the last ten days, and finally tested negative yesterday. I was lucky, it wasn’t too strong but very tiring.
I hope you will recover soon !
Best !
G.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
I hope you get feeling better soon Sir. I never heard that song until I just looked it up. That's a ska rhythm if I've ever heard one

Inkss

Reaction score
Hope you guys make a full recovery with no lasting 'long' symptoms.
Lost a godsister and my GP of 35 years to this.
Sad to hear of the passing of R Dean Taylor due to Covid. There's a ghost in his house, and unfortunately it's himself.
On a lighter note, my fave Wicked Pickett track is Engine #9 :

smalltownbigboots

Reaction score
The utility of pockets on specific items of clothing is lost on me. I carry the exact same stuff in the exact same pockets whenever I leave the house, so if I was to use pockets on a cardigan, waistcoat, cargo pants/shorts etc (three items I don’t own and don’t expect ever to own!!) then what would I do with my gear on the days I WASN’T wearing said items? The answer is put it back in the pockets I use every day! (Wallet rear right, phone rear left, keys front left, pocket handkerchief front right!)

The only use for pockets on a cardigan is for when you become a grandad to keep a bag of toffees in there to lash out when the bairns come round. That’s what my ol’ pop used to do!?

I like the look of cardigan pockets, but anything I put there gets forgotten, so I don't use them much. What really throws me off is trousers with only one back pocket (i.e., some of my suits and my Barbour moleskin trousers). These days I carry a foldable KN95 mask in back left; phone back right; lighter, lip balm, miniature Sharpie, and money clip front left; slim pocket knife front right. Taking away the back left clutters another pocket even more.

I think the massive phones most of us carry these days look ridiculous in trouser pockets, especially in the front. More reason to wear a suit jacket or Harrington, I guess. The phone sure doesn't fit in the pockets of any of my cardigans.

Adding my best wishes for a swift recovery, Yorky. And I'm sorry for your losses, Inkss.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Hope you guys make a full recovery with no lasting 'long' symptoms.
Lost a godsister and my GP of 35 years to this.
Sad to hear of the passing of R Dean Taylor due to Covid. There's a ghost in his house, and unfortunately it's himself.
On a lighter note, my fave Wicked Pickett track is Engine #9 :

That track is fire. I fell compassion to hear of you recent losses

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads