• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

northernbloke12345

Reaction score
But no pockets??
Would of preferred them but i can live without, not a skin anymore so i'm not going for accuracy in that respect.

A good 30 years before skins, but i wouldn't mind a cardigan like what the guy on the right is wearing, never seen any like it in the modern day.
3.jpg

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would of preferred them but i can live without, not a skin anymore so i'm not going for accuracy in that respect.

I’m in the same boat, my man. Just the utility of pockets on a cardigan seems a no-brainer. Still a deal breaker for me.
but yeah the racing green color is quite snazzy.

northernbloke12345

Reaction score
Never found much use for them honestly apart from perhaps for tissues or small change, i prefer to keep things like keys and phone in my waistcoat and suit pockets were they are more secure.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Never found much use for them honestly apart from perhaps for tissues or small change, i prefer to keep things like keys and phone in my waistcoat and suit pockets were they are more secure.
I thought they were just to keep your hands warm. I would definitely lose anything I put into a cardigan pocket

Reggae Mike

Reaction score

A good 30 years before skins, but i wouldn't mind a cardigan like what the guy on the right is wearing, never seen any like it in the modern day.
View attachment 1737178
[/QUO
Keen eye. I love how it buttons almost to the neck. Looks like flap pockets too, very stylish.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The utility of pockets on specific items of clothing is lost on me. I carry the exact same stuff in the exact same pockets whenever I leave the house, so if I was to use pockets on a cardigan, waistcoat, cargo pants/shorts etc (three items I don’t own and don’t expect ever to own!!) then what would I do with my gear on the days I WASN’T wearing said items? The answer is put it back in the pockets I use every day! (Wallet rear right, phone rear left, keys front left, pocket handkerchief front right!)

The only use for pockets on a cardigan is for when you become a grandad to keep a bag of toffees in there to lash out when the bairns come round. That’s what my ol’ pop used to do!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads