• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Swampster

Reaction score
Where did you find those Yorky??

Perfect Christmas jumpers ?
I'm trying to convince those around me that these are winter jumpers :) Things like this should be able to be worn into Feb or March without comments about Christmas being over.
Back in 81ish these would have been worn all year round. I had one which was one of the first things I chose to wear rather than parental imposition. I'd have continued wearing it even after the fashion faded, but I outgrew it.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince those around me that these are winter jumpers :) Things like this should be able to be worn into Feb or March without comments about Christmas being over.
Back in 81ish these would have been worn all year round. I had one which was one of the first things I chose to wear rather than parental imposition. I'd have continued wearing it even after the fashion faded, but I outgrew it.

I would wear one of those all winter definately ?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a few over the years, but have always been a lot chunkier, these are are lot slimmer and look good with a plain button down shirt underneath them.

Inkss

Reaction score
Nice. Not a look I could pull off with my build and visage. I'd look like an apres ski henchman.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Fair Islanders wouldn't trip

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Found these fauxhair slacks at the second hand store. Super comfortable.

Attachments

• 20211229_170901.jpg
    20211229_170901.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211229_170638.jpg
    20211229_170638.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 42

DONAIRE

Reaction score
Captura-de-ecra-2021-12-30-a-s-10-04-12.png

I don´t remember seeing this photo here. A double breasted military overcoat with ¿Sta-Prest? and boots. I really like the look and, honestly, I prefer wearing double breasted to crombie or even sheepskin (I have one from my grandpa in good condition...).

I usually wear like that guy, but then it was a bit odd, wasn´t it? Can anyone tell a little more about double breasted overcoats?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did see them, but not in any huge quantities. tbh I think I saw two, maybe three blokes wearing them between 68 and 69, so I hope this doesn't become another "donkey jacket" issue! :-D

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
I did see them, but not in any huge quantities. tbh I think I saw two, maybe three blokes wearing them between 68 and 69, so I hope this doesn't become another "donkey jacket" issue! :-D
From what I gathered, donkey jackets were item that was phased out early in the development because it lacked smartness?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics