• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice sheepskin Yorky. I've been looking for a decent one for a while. All I've been seeing is shoddy 'market' type ones, or the big-lapel 'Del Boy' jobs. TKMaxx is a no-no for me because, as I've mentioned before, my nearest one is a f**king hockey-fight-at a-jumble-sale nightmare. Well it was last time I went in there.

Lol , totally get that .

I think you need to choose your moment Inkss, for instance , l would never go to my local one on a Saturday afternoon or if the carpark looks a bit on the busy side but just like Yorky of this Parish , there are some great bargains to be had like Barker penny-loafers , Solovair shoes and even a couple of Baracutas all at £50 each. .

I am not saying however that you are going to walk right in and get an incredible bargain , it may take a bit of time to find one. .

Swampster

Reaction score
I nearly bought a PRL Harrington yesterday at TK Maxx - according to the PRL website it is rather cheekily called a Barracuda. If the fit is anything like the PRL windbreaker I have, then it will suit me better than the modern Baracuta I bought.
Ended up going to Loakes and getting some boots instead (black Hebdens).

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
IMG_20211006_230604331~2.jpg
IMG_20211006_223919262~2.jpg
IMG_20211006_225110447~2.jpg
IMG_20211006_224918418~2.jpg
IMG_20211006_224540074~2.jpg

New button downs are in

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nearly bought a PRL Harrington yesterday at TK Maxx - according to the PRL website it is rather cheekily called a Barracuda. If the fit is anything like the PRL windbreaker I have, then it will suit me better than the modern Baracuta I bought.
Ended up going to Loakes and getting some boots instead (black Hebdens).

Yeah , the local TK Maxx has 2 or 3 PRL Harringtons at the moment including 1 with Ivy League stripes and they also have a PRL MA-1 which has no wadding so more like the thickness of an MA-2 , ,

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I'm going to give the lands end no-iron chinos a shot. I sincerely hope they are not too low rise. Says they sit at the waist. But we all know that "waist" means something different today than it did 60 Years ago.
Screenshot_20211008-211049~2.png

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give the lands end no-iron chinos a shot. I sincerely hope they are not too low rise. Says they sit at the waist. But we all know that "waist" means something different today than it did 60 Years ago. View attachment 1682182

Nik, I have a couple pair of Land’s End chinos(though I don’t remember exactly which style), and they indeed sit a little bit below the natural waist. Not high-rise, but decently-high.
You should find an actual bricks and mortar Land’s End(we must have one somewhere around Boston), and try on a few.

smalltownbigboots

Reaction score
I'm going to give the lands end no-iron chinos a shot. I sincerely hope they are not too low rise. Says they sit at the waist. But we all know that "waist" means something different today than it did 60 Years ago. View attachment 1682182
I'll be very interested to learn what you think of the rise on them Nik. The ones you have pictured there look like the slim cut, which as far as I saw on the website they do not even claim to sit at the natural waist. But I could be wrong.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I'll be very interested to learn what you think of the rise on them Nik. The ones you have pictured there look like the slim cut, which as far as I saw on the website they do not even claim to sit at the natural waist. But I could be wrong.
They are the tailored fit, not as slim as slim fit.

smalltownbigboots

Reaction score
Ah, nice. I just chatted customer service and they said the front rise is 10 5/8 inches and back rise is 16, with a 16 inch leg opening. I like the rise on my Charles Tyrwhitt non iron chinos that's about 1/2 inch higher but for $32 I might go ahead and try these. Also looks like they offer a short inseam, which would save me the tailoring.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Nik, I have a couple pair of Land’s End chinos(though I don’t remember exactly which style), and they indeed sit a little bit below the natural waist. Not high-rise, but decently-high.
You should find an actual bricks and mortar Land’s End(we must have one somewhere around Boston), and try on a few.
Unfortunately the lands end store near us does not carry the tailored fit line.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Ah, nice. I just chatted customer service and they said the front rise is 10 5/8 inches and back rise is 16, with a 16 inch leg opening. I like the rise on my Charles Tyrwhitt non iron chinos that's about 1/2 inch higher but for $32 I might go ahead and try these. Also looks like they offer a short inseam, which would save me the tailoring.
That's not bad actually it sounds like they could be nice. I went to savers today and found some interesting permanent press trousers. One of the pairs is homemade actually with a nice 12-inch rise and the other pair is awesome for white sta prest. Also got a few nice vintage Oxford button Downs a couple of them are the lands end trim fit model made in USA I'm pretty sure those are the ones that are made at the same factory that makes my shirts because they had a contract with them for a while.
IMG_20211009_201440274.jpg
IMG_20211009_201603165.jpg
IMG_20211009_202358401.jpg
IMG_20211009_203425161.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads