• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
You probably have a Mac, don't you ?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably have a Mac, don't you ?

Yeah, I do, but it's in Perth, and I'm in St Andrews. I won't be back home until the 17th.

Andy Preview.jpeg

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
Tocklishchap, if you haven't seen it I would recommend Rudeboy: The Trojan Records Story documentary.2018 An unbiased, positive view of early skinheads and the music I refer to.

Bob the Badger, I meant to record it last night as it was on Sky Arts but forgot!!! I’ll watch it on YouTube as it’s something I’ve been wanting to see for some time!
Some of Jon Savage’s books have good cultural background on early skinheads but are more focused on the punk era.

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
@Yorky: I especially like the American Vintage MA-1. I have something similar but Navy Blue.

Inkss

Reaction score
Nice sheepskin Yorky. I've been looking for a decent one for a while. All I've been seeing is shoddy 'market' type ones, or the big-lapel 'Del Boy' jobs. TKMaxx is a no-no for me because, as I've mentioned before, my nearest one is a f**king hockey-fight-at a-jumble-sale nightmare. Well it was last time I went in there.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice sheepskin Yorky. I've been looking for a decent one for a while. All I've been seeing is shoddy 'market' type ones, or the big-lapel 'Del Boy' jobs. TKMaxx is a no-no for me because, as I've mentioned before, my nearest one is a f**king hockey-fight-at a-jumble-sale nightmare. Well it was last time I went in there.
I've got one that I bought in a sale years ago from Lakeland, great quality but weighs a Ton and doesn't have lapels, it's also dark brown suede. I've wanted another one for ages but never found one cheap enough, of good quality, and the right fit,style and colour, this one should have been £800, and got it for £120.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads