• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up this from a charity shop for €22, wondering if any one has idea of a date?
Nice one , never seen one with the lock on it before . .

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is well known that the BBC planned the Covid-19 pandemic (that of course doesn't exist, all those people that died are BBC "fake news"), is responsible for Paul Weller haircut - his hairdresser escaped from a BBC laboratory - and of course murdered Lady Di to increase their audience... :-D

Tiens! J'ai cru que c'était france-tv!

Inkss

Reaction score
One for the 'Priapic Boys' or whatever those no-mark melts are called
whaa.jpg

Fred Pervy

Gorwell

Reaction score
It is well known that the BBC planned the Covid-19 pandemic (that of course doesn't exist, all those people that died are BBC "fake news"), is responsible for Paul Weller haircut - his hairdresser escaped from a BBC laboratory - and of course murdered Lady Di to increase their audience... :-D
If Martin Bashir had not faked bank statement to get his interview she would still be alive . Defund the BBC .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the irony of that is not lost on me, as Line of Duty is all about corruption within an organisation.

All I can say is, if you're missing good stuff that is indepentently made for the organisation, then maybe you can take a more judicious line, rather than one where you cut off your own nose (that's not meant offensively, it's just the only common phrase that works).

If you have less of an objection to ITV, say, then the good news is that they have commissioned at least one series from Jed Mercurio, the writer of Line of Duty.
Irrespective of the writer , if the BBC were running a show in front of my house , l would not open the curtains . They shielded paedophiles for years. Time to defund what no longer qualifies as a public service.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irrespective of the writer , if the BBC were running a show in front of my house , l would not open the curtains . They shielded paedophiles for years. Time to defund what no longer qualifies as a public service.

I hear you, nevertheless I am in no hurry simply to **** the throat of just about the last thing in the UK - dire though it now is - that has not been sold off to vested interest.

Ironic, though, that Line of Duty should happen to be a narrative about how incompetence and corruption seem indistinguishable in a large organisation.* I am sure that in the BBC there were those who shielded people, those who were scared of them and of the shielders because of their power, those who thought there was something going on but didn't know what, and the vast majority of people who were simply doing a job of work and putting food on the table. Defunding the Beeb wouldn't cure any of that; if it survived, it would still be a large organisation, still prone to the same internal shite. I look at it this way: if I boycotted every corrupt/incompetent organisation, I would soon starve to death. That's the kind of society we live in.
[*My working life was in HMC&E/HMRC, so I've seen all of this kind of goings-on.]

Can we drop this now, or it'll become this week's off-topic vegan debate?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I canceled my licence five years ago and only watch internet on my TV . The BBC is woke and going broke quickly .
Terrestrial TV offers little and there is little reason to pay for it. You can watch all the other channels free on catch up anyway. I have no interest in ‘reality TV’, cookery shows, quiz shows, talent contests, dance competitions. The sport is disappearing or rescheduled to inconvenient times. The Open Golf and the US Masters ? Gone. Six nations rugby? All over the place, on different days, times and channels. Football highlights ? Available for free on Sky long before Match of the Day is broadcast.

As for news, current affairs and Question Time - there are plenty of other options.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks like a great fit , l like to show a bit of cuff anyway. .
Thank you. I've always been lucky with Daks stuff, esp. vintage. Nice clothes, manufacturing and fit.
My jacket has a more English cut, with darts on the chest, giving it an hourglass shape that I like.
The jacket @Inkss found looks like a more American sack cut, not better or worse than mine - just different. I could put it to good use though.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I've always been lucky with Daks stuff, esp. vintage. Nice clothes, manufacturing and fit.
My jacket has a more English cut, with darts on the chest, giving it an hourglass shape that I like.
The jacket @Inkss found looks like a more American sack cut, not better or worse than mine - just different. I could put it to good use though.
I know pics on t'internet have their failings but per the pic l don't think the Mod fit gets much better considering it is not mtm.

As for Mr lnkss, he never ceases to amaze me with his finds.

Inkss

Reaction score
My build suits a more American cut. Didn't splurge on the jacket, but I had to buy summat, so I grabbed this blue Made in Italy knit shirt instead
ik.jpg

£23/$32
Had my second jab today so I'll be off to my seamster in 14 days. Six jackets, two suits and nine pairs of strides to get altered. Looking forward to, and dreading it at the same time.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you, nevertheless I am in no hurry simply to **** the throat of just about the last thing in the UK - dire though it now is - that has not been sold off to vested interest.

Ironic, though, that Line of Duty should happen to be a narrative about how incompetence and corruption seem indistinguishable in a large organisation.* I am sure that in the BBC there were those who shielded people, those who were scared of them and of the shielders because of their power, those who thought there was something going on but didn't know what, and the vast majority of people who were simply doing a job of work and putting food on the table. Defunding the Beeb wouldn't cure any of that; if it survived, it would still be a large organisation, still prone to the same internal shite. I look at it this way: if I boycotted every corrupt/incompetent organisation, I would soon starve to death. That's the kind of society we live in.
[*My working life was in HMC&E/HMRC, so I've seen all of this kind of goings-on.]

Can we drop this now, or it'll become this week's off-topic vegan debate?
Not sure about the vested interest , they took £40 million from Gates the eugenicist.

It is far from me to tell you what to do , goodness knows our respective governments are doing enough of that at the moment . If you want to watch the BBC , batter in , l'd rather not and my boycotts don't stop there either. Granted that it isn't always easy to stop buying from corrupt organisations , especially when one considers the amount of stuff coming in here at present from the CCP. .
I don't think the paedophiles that roamed the BBC for years can be justified , even after Saville died Rantzen (who headed up Childline at the time) admitted that ' we all knew about it'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads