• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can tell a Super Deluxe Edition of the Who Sell Out is about to hit the shops , not everyones cup of char mind,
2-1.jpg
What's for tea, darling?

Swampster

Reaction score
But will that be the Mod beans or the Who album ?
Just the beans :) I'd get him the album but I haven't forgiven him for getting last minute tickets to see the Stones about three years ago and he took his son but not me. On my birthday. Tsk.

It isn't long since I downloaded the current version myself. The bonus tracks are okay but don't add too much.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just the beans :) I'd get him the album but I haven't forgiven him for getting last minute tickets to see the Stones about three years ago and he took his son but not me. On my birthday. Tsk.

It isn't long since I downloaded the current version myself. The bonus tracks are okay but don't add too much.
Yes , despite it getting the accolades over the years from music journos , it is probably my least favourite album from the Who and has for a long time always been sold as some sort of package.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes , despite it getting the accolades over the years from music journos , it is probably my least favourite album from the Who and has for a long time always been sold as some sort of package.
My favourite Who LP cover was the one with The Railway Hotel in Harrow and Wealdstone on the cover. The pub is gone now.

The Who also played a youth club/scout hall in Wembley before hitting the big time.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the LP, some good songs and also for it's quirkiness, "see for miles" is up there with some of my fave songs from that period.
Saw Daltrey singing it with Wellers band at the time, at a Teenage cancer trust gig at The Royal Albert Hall. Also on the same gig was Robert Plant and Jimmy Paige, they joined Weller on stage to do a version of Dazed and Confused, Led Zeps version was always better than the Yardbirds original in my opinion, can I say that being a mod or risk getting arrested by the Mod police?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I forget - Firday challenge - Eyewear!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourite Who LP cover was the one with The Railway Hotel in Harrow and Wealdstone on the cover. The pub is gone now.

The Who also played a youth club/scout hall in Wembley before hitting the big time.
They would do better to give us a UK release of that album instead of another deluxe version of Sell Out , l think.

Met the Who a couple of times but never managed to meet Moon , which may have been a mixed blessing , though he did by my pal a pint.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the LP, some good songs and also for it's quirkiness, "see for miles" is up there with some of my fave songs from that period.
Saw Daltrey singing it with Wellers band at the time, at a Teenage cancer trust gig at The Royal Albert Hall. Also on the same gig was Robert Plant and Jimmy Paige, they joined Weller on stage to do a version of Dazed and Confused, Led Zeps version was always better than the Yardbirds original in my opinion, can I say that being a mod or risk getting arrested by the Mod police?
I would reckon I Can See For Miles is the high point of the album , in particular the stereo version(for years l only had it on mono for some reason). The intro' is quite staggering if your equipment is set at the right volume, classic Who :cool: I recall a pal of mine dahn saff telling me how he got a speeding ticket listening to it in the car at a high volume whilst singing at the top of his voice . Irony is , he the guy isn't even a Who fan .

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would reckon I Can See For Miles is the high point of the album , in particular the stereo version(for years l only had it on mono for some reason). The intro' is quite staggering if your equipment is set at the right volume, classic Who :cool: I recall a pal of mine dahn saff telling me how he got a speeding ticket listening to it in the car at a high volume whilst singing at the top of his voice . Irony is , he the guy isn't even a Who fan .

Great choon, though yeah the album itself doesn't really stand the test of time. I'm a pretty avid 'Oo fan and celebrate a good wealth of their catalogue, but this album is nonessential in my book.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads