• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are reasonably priced though :
[/QUOTE]
Only for those wishing to make a serious politcal fashion statement.

. .l wonder if you would be arrested for breach if you wore them.......................

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm anti-racist to the core, but I wouldn't be cremated in them!
I am against all forms of prejudice , race , religious , ethnicity , political , class and sexual . No need for it , it has been used for too long to cause divisions , fear and bigotry .

Inkss

Reaction score
If anyone is after a cheap M65 parka, I found this one going for a £30 buy it now.
Not listed as either a fishtail or a M65, so seller probably doesn't know what they have.
No hood, so it'll probably cost you more to buy a replacement hood.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I don't wish to be drawn on this issue, but it is probably best to leave that as a separate moral debate rather than an analogous one.
If you don't want to make it analogous you'll have to name the trait true of the non-human animal which if true of the human would justify the same treatment without creating a logical and moral contradiction.

Sentient non-human animals are the same as us in the ways that count. They can suffer, feel pain, have emotions and a desire to live. When humans have an option to eat plant based and buy alternative materials and fabrics for clothing but still choose to contribute to a holocaust it's almost worse than your average racist, who while holding abhorrent beliefs, will most likely not commit hate crimes, whereas carnist's are engaging in a holocaust at least 3 times a day and that's not even including the clothes they buy or the entertainment and "research" they fund.

Last edited:

Inkss

Reaction score
A few recent buys (Weirdly all bought for £9/$12.55 a pop)
Polo RL madras BD (90s deadstock judging by the colours)
Auburn Nylon US made coach-jacket in BLUE!!
Next canvas kicks (decent Vans type sole)
g.jpg

A bit Opie Taylor

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few recent purchases on their first time out, took an afternoon stroll into town last week, whilst working from home.
Far Afield work jacket, Madras shirting company BD, Uniqlo selvedge jeans, Loake birkdale suede longwings.
IMG_9610.JPG

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coach’s jacket not my style but I love that colour blue @Inkss

I also have a short sleeve madras shirt that looks very similar to what you’re wearing there. Mine came from Lands End.
11797EF3-4B7C-481F-BB62-72244ED2F366.jpeg

I like those Loakes @Yorky.
I also have a couple of pairs of Uniqlo Selvedge which I like. One pair I’ve worn off and on a few years now but I try to largely avoid jeans. Another pair are unworn they were just a ridiculously cheap price so I grabbed ‘em for the future. They may not get worn for some time!

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coach’s jacket not my style but I love that colour blue @Inkss

I also have a short sleeve madras shirt that looks very similar to what you’re wearing there. Mine came from Lands End.
View attachment 1564602

I like those Loakes @Yorky.
I also have a couple of pairs of Uniqlo Selvedge which I like. One pair I’ve worn off and on a few years now but I try to largely avoid jeans. Another pair are unworn they were just a ridiculously cheap price so I grabbed ‘em for the future. They may not get worn for some time!
The better Uniqlo jeans in my opinion are the U range, they are made from a rigid denim which doesn't bleed when washed, I have several pairs of them and they are so cheap compared to other makes.
I've been wearing jeans a lot recently, especially during lockdown at home, but also on the odd occasion that I've been in work as I've been mainly working at my desk. Back in full time tomorrow teaching again and so back to wool/cotton trousers.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The better Uniqlo jeans in my opinion are the U range, they are made from a rigid denim which doesn't bleed when washed, I have several pairs of them and they are so cheap compared to other makes.
I've been wearing jeans a lot recently, especially during lockdown at home, but also on the odd occasion that I've been in work as I've been mainly working at my desk. Back in full time tomorrow teaching again and so back to wool/cotton trousers.
I also dropped lucky with the shoes, they were a Xmas present from the missis, which I ordered for her online. When they hadn't arrived a couple of days before Xmas, I called to find out what the hold up was, and they told me that they had been posted a week before 2nd class, but to cut to the chase I got 2 pairs delivered a few days after Boxing Day, and nothing from the supplier about their mistake. Although I got them in the sale they were £255 full price.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
IMG_20210302_011220748.jpg
IMG_20210302_010817525.jpg

Had these done up by Martin Greenfield in Brooklyn. This is some 60s hopsack sta prest fabric I had. I gave them a pair of vintage sta prest to copy. I'd say they made em spot on. They are an 11" rise just like the vintage ones. This color is a light olive green. I love this color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads