• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
You can buy a repro of the t-shirt in the fourth photo :
usat.jpg

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can buy a repro of the t-shirt in the fourth photo :
View attachment 1548462
And the one in the pic below of the lad wearing shades.
Had a few ivy style sweats from a company called mr B's soulful Tees, who do a lot of repros including the aforementioned 2.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Front cover from Time Out magazine Aug 1964, the article inside was called changing faces. The lad on the cover was called Denzil, the picture to the right was him on holiday in Cornwall 1967. An example of how styles changed.
View attachment 1548430
Inside article
View attachment 1548431 View attachment 1548432 View attachment 1548433 View attachment 1548434

Picture below taken on Boar Lane, Leeds 1966, the lad had just been DJing at a club, he said that all the patches were from bowling alleys.
Jump forward just over 25 years and I would have been in a club round the corner also DJing, without the Parka, mine was solely for wearing on the Scooter, with a club patch on the sleeve, and sergeant stripes on the other, with a name on the chest Clarke. View attachment 1548429
It is a gret pic of a parka , in particular l love the fur trim on the hood, back in the days when we got snaw . Like yourself , my M-51 only has a small The Who patch , a Northern Soul one and a small Lambretta patch on the shoulder . It is great to still have this time of year because of the fleece liner. .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the one in the pic below of the lad wearing shades.
Had a few ivy style sweats from a company called mr B's soulful Tees, who do a lot of repros including the aforementioned 2.
I have had a few t's and sweatshirts from mrB (Billy) , l think his stuff is very good and he is very flexible with the orders. .

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copied from my Facebook post.

As you know, we cocked up the launch of 'Walk Proud: Skinheads of 69 in their own words', for reasons too embarrassing to go into. But this means that we have a breathing space in which to assemble some new photos. If you have any photographs you would be prepared to have included, please send them to the email address at the foot of this post. All such photos gratefully received, particularly those of girls, which are in very short supply.

The photographs must be:

1] Your property, your copyright, and accompanied by your permission for us to use them.

2] From 1969. There is some flexibility about this, in the case of photos from, say, 1968 that show late mod style, and from 1970 or '71 in areas where the first wave of Skinheads came late or lingered a bit longer.

3] Accompanied by as much explanation as possible - for example, year, location, names of people in the photo, etc.

The address to send them is bookseeker{at}blueyonder{dot}co{dot}uk

Thank you in advance to anyone who contributes. To everyone else, apologies for yet another delay, and thanks for your patience. We're going to try for May at the latest.

Inkss

Reaction score
Good luck with the acquisition of 'new' photographs and testinomy M-o-M. Rooting for you there fella.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something for all the sad mods resting on the skinhead thread

Sunspel trashed by a drunken Weller on a factory visit, but the light grey trousers look a lot like the skinhead stapress I remember, so there's that

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sunspel trashed by a drunken Weller on a factory visit, but the light grey trousers look a lot like the skinhead stapress I remember, so there's that

was about to say that I thought the Mac was pretty sharp in bottle green. Then I noticed that it only hits about mid-thigh—- thus rendering it pretty useless.

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score

They look alot like the cut of the cheap relco and warrior sta press, and at 215 quid i think al pass

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was about to say that I thought the Mac was pretty sharp in bottle green. Then I noticed that it only hits about mid-thigh—- thus rendering it pretty useless.

It's barely longer than a suit jacket, seriously, it's about 4 inches longer!

The quality will be good but who wants to look like a scandinavian minimalist mod

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads