• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

pressuredrop

Reaction score
halcyon-days.jpg

"First time on CD rarities include British R&B, soul and mod beat tracks from The Athenians, The Fingers, The Candy Dates, Barney J. Barnes & The Intro, Kevin ‘King’ Lear, Dorian Gray, Barry St. John, Ray French, Laris McLennon and Sleepy plus there are previously unissued recordings by The SW4, The Union and The Trendbender Band."

Quite a few "rarities" on this one, might be worth putting it on the Christmas wish list.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
IMG_20201005_191122940.jpg
IMG_20201005_191137254.jpg

These are astros I ordered that they accidentally put the ranger sole on. I still like them. Just put in an order for a 7 Eyelet astronaut in brown, hopefully they get the sole right this time.
IMG_20201005_190842913.jpg

Last edited:

Gsvs5

Reaction score
More or less curtailed my shopping habit as I begin retirement,but sometimes something timeless crosses your radar.
IMO The perfect Loafer.
Franceschetti Newport
65246E14-953B-4F9C-AA0E-4FD3A5C234B6.jpeg

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
More or less curtailed my shopping habit as I begin retirement,but sometimes something timeless crosses your radar.
IMO The perfect Loafer.
Franceschetti Newport View attachment 1471907
What about the edges of the band being stitched into the seams of the vamp?Bothers me when they cut corners. Wills England makes a nice vegan penny loafer with all the proper detailing.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Have to order the next size up in the monkey boot. They run small, but the black gibson fits like a dream and is ******* perfect.
The samba looking trainer is made with pineapple leather and the German style trainer is hemp.
IMG_20201005_195115274.jpg

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Did the skinheads and suedeheads only wear long wing brogues or were half wings ever seen?

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Good post. I don’t like Trump but you’re right— he’s taking China to task. https://victimsofcommunism.org/ <—-these folk are spreading the word pretty adamantly, too.

"Communism killed over 100 million"? Not enough!

I'm joking, of course. But it's a fairly ludicrous website, especially its McCarthyist calls for vigilance towards younger people who are fed up with capitalism, and especially in how it cites 'free enterprise' as a kind of human right. If we were to commemorate all the people killed for and by 'free enterprise', I promise the body count wouldn't stop at 100 million.

Last edited:

elmore

Reaction score
Didnt really get much better than James Fox in Performance did it. Always thought the fella here with the peroxide hair in Get Carter had a great late sixties mod look.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the edges of the band being stitched into the seams of the vamp?Bothers me when they cut corners.
You think that’s cutting corners?
Seems like an interesting detail that might require a bit more work. Sometimes I think that standard ‘half strap’ loafers look a bit untidy the way the ends of the strap just float there in the middle of the quarters, and the other solution of a ‘beef roll’ doesn’t really work on more formal loafers. I like the look of these.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1471842 View attachment 1471843

These are astros I ordered that they accidentally put the ranger sole on. I still like them. Just put in an order for a 7 Eyelet astronaut in brown, hopefully they get the sole right this time. View attachment 1471844
How long does it take to put those on? Or take them off?

They would not be something you would reach for if you were just popping out for ten minutes.

Commando lacing (tie one end at the base and then secure the remaining end at the top ) or army lacing might make the task a bit quicker - but it is still eleven holes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads